A tour of marinas in Spain - where do you suggest I go?

Paulie300

Visit site
I believe we can go to Spain, some of the Balearics, though not Ibiza? I sure hope I can travel as I'm in middle of new boat purchase and the thought of no access or use for its first spring and summer is a bit heartbreaking...

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
I believe we can go to Spain, some of the Balearics, though not Ibiza? I sure hope I can travel as I'm in middle of new boat purchase and the thought of no access or use for its first spring and summer is a bit heartbreaking...

We can't currently go, being reviewed by Spanish government Feb 2nd

"On 22 December 2020, Spain introduced travel restrictions on passenger travel from the UK by air and sea. These measures have been extended until 6pm (GMT+1) on 2 February 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), with the exception of Spanish nationals and those legally resident in Spain."

Peterlewis321

Visit site
UK citizens are not permitted to enter Spain at the moment-being reviewed early Feb......but am guessing they may well extend the ban....guess we can only wait and see.
Plus ofcourse, our own government are now supposedly discussing enforcing 10-14 days forced quarantine in hotels for all people entering UK.....if that really becomes a reality then it is game over depending how long that is put in place for. First world problems perhaps, but does not help ones state of mind right now ?

Paulie300

Visit site
Can I ask where the quote is taken from? Ancasta say they are experiencing no issues with UK visitors still viewing and inspecting boats, on a current and daily basis. Is it where a boat purchase is part of an overall business purpose, which I suppose it is?

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Can I ask where the quote is taken from? Ancasta say they are experiencing no issues with UK visitors still viewing and inspecting boats, on a current and daily basis. Is it where a boat purchase is part of an overall business purpose, which I suppose it is?
Check the UK Foreign office website
Spain travel advice
Clearly states it there and has been in place since December 22nd.
Only bone-fide residents of Spain can enter (by boat or plane) and from what I gather it is rigorously enforced (you will be denied boarding to plane or ferry in the UK if you do not show your Spanish residency........but the road border with France is still wide open to everyone. Maybe that is what Ancasta is referring to?

dune16

www.noforeignland.com

Uk government website: Spain travel advice

We just took delivery of her in March 2020 so not the best time in the world to buy a new boat abroad for us but who knew!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
It doesnt say this at all; it just says that you need a negative test to travel.
'On 22 December 2020, Spain introduced travel restrictions on passenger travel from the UK by air and sea. These measures have been extended until 6pm (GMT+1) on 2 February 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), with the exception of Spanish nationals and those legally resident in Spain.'

Paulie300

Visit site
'On 22 December 2020, Spain introduced travel restrictions on passenger travel from the UK by air and sea. These measures have been extended until 6pm (GMT+1) on 2 February 2021 (5pm / GMT in the Canary Islands), with the exception of Spanish nationals and those legally resident in Spain.'

Hi Clancey, yes, this is correct, but if you read on, the "restrictions" and "measures" referred to, for UK visitors, are ONLY to have a negative Covid test prior to travel, and be subject to health checks, temp etc, plus the completion of the online Health declaration is required (same as I did for entry via Barcelona a while back, but at that time no covid test required). Essentially, the negqtive covid test the only restriction, for the present. What their PM has said "might" happen, is just conjecture, for now.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Hi Clancey, yes, this is correct, but if you read on, the "restrictions" and "measures" referred to, for UK visitors, are ONLY to have a negative Covid test prior to travel, and be subject to health checks, temp etc, plus the completion of the online Health declaration is required (same as I did for entry via Barcelona a while back, but at that time no covid test required). Essentially, the negqtive covid test the only restriction, for the present. What their PM has said "might" happen, is just conjecture, for now.
'Can I travel to Spain from the UK?
Currently, you can only travel to Spain if you’re a returning Spanish national. The country has imposed a temporary ban from the UK until 6pm on 2 February, in response to the new coronavirus variant that’s been detected in southeast England.'

Can I travel to Spain from the UK? | Skyscanner UK

Paulie300

Visit site
So this is from Skyscanner? This doesn't seem to agree at all with the Foreign office advice per the
.gov links and a generic search of the same text you quote gives conflicting answers...
The foreign office info currently states "International transit through Spanish airports by passengers on flights departing from the UK is permitted on presentation of a negative PCR, TNA or LAMP test taken within no more than 72 hours prior to arrival into Spain".

I read transiting through an airport as being as opposed to arriving by road or sea, and the information about the requirements, ie a negative test and online declaration etc is also repeated within the Skyscanner info, which seems ambiguous at best if one is not permitted to go there to begin with!

I am a natural optimist, but the conflicting info is concerning.

Paulie300

Visit site
'Spain have announced they will be restricting passenger travel on inbound flights from the UK from Tuesday 22 December, with the exception of Spanish nationals and those legally resident in Spain. If you were due to travel to Spain please contact your travel operator before departure.'

Spain Suspends the Entry of Citizens From the United Kingdom

But this info is not current and its period of validity has expired, even the extension period has passed.... ?

Paulie300

Visit site
Are a Spanish resident or national?

On my reading of the .gov advice, as well as looking at the further links provided therein, travel into Spain is still permitted subject to the few restrictions, with residents enjoying exemption form the quoted restrictions, and advice in such cases is to carry resident status evidence. But for visitors, entry is permitted, subject to the stated restrictions.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and on checking, it seems visitors are still entering today, though not to Ibiza.

Paulie300

Visit site
Untill February 2, 2021 you will be denied entry into Spain if you are not a resident or national. After the 2nd it will be reviewed.

Is this the Skyscanner info? I'd prefer the .gov foreign office advice which states itself as being current. Always happy to debate though :)