a suggestion for any StVaast attendees

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Rather than trying to cram into a restaurant with no firm booking, etc, how about a barbie on the wall overlooking the bay, ie behind the hedge at the top of Pontoon D.

Bring your own everything, including disposable barbie.

We have done this three times in the past two seasons with the sailing club and MOA and it has been great fun every time. (The Tesco haggis went down a treat!)

Much less formal and able to mix with others very easily.

totally weather dependant of course but there again so is the whole trip.

jimi

Visit site
Jings, just how English is that! You go to St Vaast full of cracking restaurants doing Moules et frites etc etc and you want to burn some food on a grassy knoll ... nutter!

Sailfree

Visit site
Never been impressed with Fuscia restaurant on previous visits. Went there last week and had one of the best meals we have ever had in France. I will go with the crowd for alcohol but agree with Jimi for food.

F6-7 return from Ouistreham on the nose was interesting. I fully concur that gentlemen do not beat!!

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
So how about burnt offerings on the shoreside for the uneducated at St V, with an elite raiding party to Fuschia for dinner, returning to mop up any unconsumed alcohol* at the barbie afterwards? I will volunteer for the raiding party if that helps /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

*(OK, OK, I know: the phrase "unconsumed alcohol" is an oxymoron in the context of a Scuttlebutt outing).