A New Member

CPD

Visit site
Hello all, i'm moving to Bradwell Marina at the end of March and looking to get involved in local sails, meet-ups, etc etc. Me and my Centaur that is. From the previous post on "joining", I get the idea that one doesnt (at least on a formal basis), join what isnt a formal club. Anyhow, I'll keep an eye open for things going on, and hope to meet "you" soon !!. Thanks.

Sixpence

Visit site
I could mention the joining ceremony , but I'll leave that to one of the less sensible ones /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif completely correct though , there's nothing formal here it's just a bunch of keen boaty minded people who happen to live on the same side of the country , so welcome
Cheers
Dave

FullCircle

Visit site
A Centaur on the East Coast? That'll be a rare sight! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You will have gathered that we are all getting to know one another slowly, and whether its a wave in passing or meeting another boat or two up a creek for the weekend, its certainly increased my circle of friends, and put faces to boats that otherwise might have taken years, if at all.

Are you thinking about the Oostende trip?

Jim

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Welcome....

Many of us are regular visitors to the Blackwater, and hopefully you'll be heading towards some of our other haunts, the Crouch, The Backwaters, Orwell, Deben etc etc...

Keep an eye on here, as we organise regular get togethers throughout the season... and the more that join in the merrier!

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Hope to be in Bradwell on Sat 31st March if weather is suitable, having launched that day, if no problems, if get sails back from sail loft etc. I assume the beer is still good in the Green Man!

If not probably next weekend or Easter!

My boat is Flipper - creamy yellow hull 27' sloop.

Peter

CPD

Visit site
Peter, I should be at Bradwell oin March 31st - I'll look out for you. Prior commitments wont allow me to go on the Ostende run whcih is a real shame - maybe next year. The Green Man on the other hand, well, one has to make allowances ....

ianc1200

Visit site
I'm on A pontoon at Bradwell, although not with the oldish motor cruiser here, but an Anderson 22 "Seamoon". Green Man is truely a great EC pub, up with the Butt & Oyster IMO. Perfect for whiling away a winter's afternoon in front of the fire drinking Puck's Folly or suchlike. There's quite an active marina sailing club, and I did try joining Bradwell Quay YC last year but often found closed on a Saturday evening. The marina bar also has quick cheapish meals and is well used by berth holders & visitors.

IanC

CPD

Visit site
Ian, Great !!. I'll look you up too. I have already joined the club at the Marina - isnt it odd that there is a club at the marina and also one just a few yards away !!. One would have thought strength in numbers and all that .................

ianc1200

Visit site
I was told BQYC have tried to almagmate with the marina club, but have large overheads whereas the marina club has very little in the way of costs, so have resisted the overtures.

Nevertheless I did try to join BQYC (I think with joining fees about £135) and will be tempted again. A nice clubhouse, looks like it could do with a few more members.

On the subject of food/drink, the road down to Bradwell through Latchington, Mayland, Steeple etc, worth looking at the pub converted to indian restaurant at the Steeple end of Mayland, often get a goodish curry on the way down to Bradwell from there.

There'a another forumite "Moodysailor" who's also on A pontoon at Bradwell.

IanC

MoodySabre

Visit site
I am!

I'm on A33 - Moody 31 'Sabre'. I'm not getting in the water until 2nd April.

Where are they putting you?- when I had a 26 footer there I was on D pontoon. There or C I expect.

Hope to say hello one day. How will we know? I've got two heads and shall stand under the clock wearing a carnation, as the old joke has it.

CPD

Visit site
I will be on D26. Is D pontoon where the new boys go then ?. Moodysailor beware as I may well be pestering you for a go on your fine vessel during the summer, perhaps in exchange for alcoholic beverages of the cold kind . I have had my eyes on a few Moody 31's recently, unfortunately so has the bank manager. There is a will however, and therefore given time, a way. I am waiting to see if such a yacht will be accepted on this :

http://www.jesterinfo.org/jac2008entrylist.html

I look forward to meeting you (all).

MoodySabre

Visit site
The reason you will be on D pontoon is to do with the gaps between the pontoons. Also they like to put similar length boats together so that nobody sticks out into the aisle. We were on D46 with a Snapdragon 26 which near the clubhouse and a bit noisy on a summer Saturday evening. D26 is near the far end so less aisle to worry about if you need to reverse out.

They have been putting in new pontoons, E last year and A and B over this winter. C and D will probably not get down until next winter.

You are very welcome to a spin on Sabre which is fin keel version. I've only had one year with it - easy to handle feels stable and solid. Looks as though there are plenty of 31 footers on Jester.

Roger