A little help, please (identifying an old yacht)

Oletimer

Visit site
This enquiry may seem a little wayward but I'm trying to find out what I can about a yacht I once owned - the person who bought it wants to know some history and my brain doesn't function as it once did...
The boat is an Invader 21. Bilge keeled. I think the dimensions were 21ft x 8ft (it was very wide by comparison to some small yachts I've seen)
I believe it was built around 1976 somewhere on the south coast (not certain on this point) but it was well built with very thick glass fibre about 3/4" thick.
It slept 3-4 but was better suited to 2 for cruising. It had an inboard diesel, later removed in favour of a 10hp outboard and tiller steering (and Autohelm 2000).
It was well appointed considering the size of the boat, although I think some of the gear were later additions:
It came with 4 winches, 2 on the cabin top and 1 each to port and s/board aft deck. Not counting small mast winches.
It had NASA instrumentation for wind, sounder and log, with Garmin GPS and Seavoice radio.
Swinging cooker and both electric and manual water systems, a small fridge when landlined and full heads.

Some of this info is probably not required to identify this boat but I got nostalgic.

Thank you in anticipation

George

Oletimer

Visit site
Thank you for your reply, I am really grateful for your efforts. It's annoying to have owned and sailed a lovely little boat only to forget almost everything about it. Strangely, I haven't forgotten much about the joy of sailing the old girl, my first 'round the island tour' or similar jaunts. Perhaps, wearing rose tinted specs isn't such a bad thing after all. The funny part is I don't recall any really bad weather either, Biscay was a tad frisky one time but even that (in memory) didn't seem so bad. Oh, the joys of a addled brain.
George

Oletimer

Visit site
The invaders, being a beamier boat with relatively small sail area, tended to be very forgiving and docile to sail. They didn't do anything unexpectedly. I hope you have a great deal of fun and enjoyment in your boat.
George
P/S, I'll post some pictures when I get back home, I'm not on my usual machine at the moment.