A lighthouse's new colour scheme

HissyFit

Visit site
Given the time and resources that it would have taken, there must have been a reason behind painting it thus. So the question remains: why?

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I would call it rainbow coloured,just like this

386-3867959_interesting-aesthetic-gayaesthetic-lgbt-lgbtq-rainbow-flag-emoji.png

HissyFit

Visit site
You could read the article I linked in the first post to find out!

I missed that it was a link; it wasn't in gaudy, luminous or flashing colours. Thanks.

the artist pointed out that he had no control over people’s response to his work, he said: “At least it hasn’t left anyone feeling indifferent.”

There is a lot to say for indifference; it doesn't make anyone feel disenfranchised. Policing of two opposing protests would be safe too, if the participants were indifferent. So, yeah, let's have a big cheer for indifference... please yourselves then. ?

sgr143

Visit site
My first thought. One of my favourite questions to YM candidates is ‘How can you identify a lighthouse by day?’ to see if they know about how lights are described in the almanac and the lists of lights.
"OK, candidate, which lighthouse is this?"
"That'll be the Eddystone - distinctly post-modern, with a dash of surrealism in the upper half."
"Nope. It's Longships - don't you know cubism when you see it?"

D

Deleted member 36384

Oh gawd. I thought that bit of homophobic bollux went out with flared trousers.

Are you accusing me of being a homophobe? I hope not because that would be so ferricadooza and shonk me heart to get me in a right two and eight. But you turn my oyster up, you do, any way nanti that, I am no homo, girl.