A good day for.....

Tomahawk

Visit site
Sunday morning and the barometer is dropping like a stone. Wind is steadily rising (now gusting. 30 knots) and it’s begining to rain. I am not sure, but I think I would probably get out the big..... whiskey glasses and settle next to the fire. But at the moment I don’t haev a fire!

What are others planning in this foul day?

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
Well I have finally plucked up the courage to sort out all the power plugs and usb wires behind the desk.
Tower Extension Lead, Vertical Power Strip with 12 Way Outlets 3 USB Charging Ports, Surge Protector Desktop Charging Station for Home and Office, 2M Bold Extension Cord (3 USB 3.4A): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Still looks a bit of a mess but thats to be expected I suppose with 15+ wires.
Looking like a bit of a roast, Cote-de-Rhone, homemade Bakewell Tart, Sunday Times and a film (or two).
Place is still full of Holiday-Renters.

Poignard

Visit site
Sunday morning and the barometer is dropping like a stone. Wind is steadily rising (now gusting. 30 knots) and it’s begining to rain. I am not sure, but I think I would probably get out the big..... whiskey glasses and settle next to the fire. But at the moment I don’t haev a fire!

What are others planning in this foul day?
A drive from Leeds to London!
Torrential rain until half an hour ago. An hours hold up due to a crash. A crap breakfast in a motorway service station
Things can only get better. Can't they?

Concerto

Visit site
Make a support fixing platform and protective box for the new fridge compressor as it will be fitted in my sail locker. Just have to ensure it remains strong enough with plenty of ventilation holes. Then nothing can knock it in rough weather. Finally paint with Danbolin before fitting.

Poignard

Visit site
A drive from Leeds to London!
Torrential rain until half an hour ago. An hours hold up due to a crash. A crap breakfast in a motorway service station
Things can only get better. Can't they?
They didn't. There was another long delay on the M25! :confused:

I don't think there is any pleasure left in driving in the UK.

The only thing in its favour is that it is less unpleasant than using public transport! :ROFLMAO:

Clancy Moped

Visit site
I agreed to go night fishing last week, frankly, I can't be arsed and have just had a phone call to say it's off, boat problems apparently ??

PeterWright

Visit site
For today, the East Coast Branch of the Moody Owners Association had organised their Laying Up Lunch at the Royal Corinthian in Burnham. The morning weather was as described by the OP and still odd patches of light rain as we walked along the river wall to the club. However, rain rarely lasts long in Burnham and, by the time we sat down for lunch, the skies were clear blue and the sunshine pouring through the windows. as we watched a lone intrepid windsurfer tearing about the river.

We enjoyed each others' company while the Corinthian fed over 50 of us with a great Sunday lunch served from a carvery. All too soon, it was time to walk home along the river wall in the sunshine and now (16.55) it's nearly dark.

Altogether, a very satisfactory day. Thank you to organiser Roger Price and to the staff of the RCYC.

Peter.

Cantata

Visit site
For today, the East Coast Branch of the Moody Owners Association had organised their Laying Up Lunch at the Royal Corinthian in Burnham. .................................Altogether, a very satisfactory day. Thank you to organiser Roger Price and to the staff of the RCYC.
Peter.
Sorry we missed that. We were helping organise and run our own club's Laying Up Supper last night and really couldn't contemplate the long round trip on the following day!

cherod

Visit site
raining

fitting a small 1/4 fairing on the Harley Sportster :cool:
deliberating on whither it is worth / should i spend 300 £ on a 15 yr old 240 v water maker .

still raining

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Friends had invited me to go to his boat today but after seeing the weather forecast(f8 - f9) I declined and instead fitted an extra double socket in my wife's studio.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
House all spooky for a mad Halloween party for 20 kids, and bigger kids :)
Well over a hundred "trick or treaters" , 3 carrier bags of sweets gone.
Fire pit in the garden and candles everywhere. Admiral cooked four Chili's of varying potency, and vegetarian versions. Everyone had fun, old friends and new.
All in all a very good day :)