A Film to Look Forward To?

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Yes, definitely worth a trip to the cinema, although much of the M&C movie material was taken from a number of the books, let’s hope that they can make the new movie(s) equally immersive.

laika

Visit site
I saw Master and Commander before I started sailing as anything more than just an enthusiastic passenger. I've been wanting to watch it again, but my avid consumption of the O'Brien books over the past few years stalled at Treason's Harbour and I want to read Far Side of the World before re-watching. By sheer co-incidence I re-started Treason's harbour only yesterday.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
I saw Master and Commander before I started sailing as anything more than just an enthusiastic passenger. I've been wanting to watch it again, but my avid consumption of the O'Brien books over the past few years stalled at Treason's Harbour and I want to read Far Side of the World before re-watching. By sheer co-incidence I re-started Treason's harbour only yesterday.

Alas, I pretty much read the whole series from cover to cover with no gaps between. They’re all good, even the unfinished 21st book. Also of interest could be the ‘Kidd’ series of books by Julian Stockwin. Based upon the same era of the Nelsonian era of the Royal Navy, the novels occasionally have real events written into them. Better still, the books keep coming as the author is still alive..