A bit of a do........

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
.....at Shepperton Lock yesterday as Weybridge Mariners held a fundraising effort to raise cash towards the new clubhouse project. For those who dont know, the original clubhouse was burnt down in a major fire in February.
The area around the lock was transformed into a mini fete with stalls, jumble etc and in the evening a BBQ for the boaters from Weybridge and other locals (quite a few boats from my own crowd at Chertsey)- dunno how many turned up but getting on for 200 I should think and at one point we were getting seriously worried if we were going to get fed ! Anyway, they did well and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. The weather even stayed fine!

bradtarga34

Visit site
We had a river quiz on the Saturday that took us up to Shepperton lock, looked very busy and buzzy. loads of boats moored up on the Weybridge bank as well, so a pretty good turn out I would say, and the river taxi was doing a roaring trade! Pity we couldn't stop and offer some local support, but had a drink for them though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif