90/180 days

billskip

Visit site
Why should I do your work for you? You made a statement (which, for all I know, may well be valid) but you seem unwilling to back it up with evidence. Until you do, it remains no more than an assertion.
You are not working for me, what statement did I make that you are referring to?
I can only say that I come on this forum and sometimes make comments on my previous experience,not necessarily a quote from a bible.
I do not post here to get into arguments,I post what I believe to be true.
Please say what statement I made you require a link .

billskip

Visit site
@ Poignard
If it was my comment about pension freeze then as I am not good at links, could you possibly Google expats pension freeze
I think you will find an article in the express.
However I am talking about the information from experience years ago that if one was to move to Australia for example
ones pension would be frozen at the amount at that time,and no annual increase.

Of course then we move the goal posts and say the thread is only referring to Europe

Poignard

Visit site
[...]
Please say what statement I made you require a link .

#138 ”It's all about control and money on both sides of the fence.”
#151 “Why do you think expats pensions are frozen when they leave?”
#153 “What other explanation is there for freezing (not giving annual increases) to expats state pensions?”

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Useful site and I think I found the calculator more than a year ago. The information on the site is useful but the calculator is the equivalent of something you' throw together in Excel (though more effort needed to error check).

They still need to have a disclaimer. :D:D
Though we have created this calculator with the utmost attentiveness, the results are not guaranteed. The owner of this site disavows all responsibility for anything that may or may not happen to you. Remember to double-check these dates!

Last edited:

grumpygit

Visit site
Useful site and I think I found the calculator more than a year ago. The information on the site is useful but the calculator is the equivalent of something you' throw together in Excel (though more effort needed to error check).

They still need to have a disclaimer. :D:D
Though we have created this calculator with the utmost attentiveness, the results are not guaranteed. The owner of this site disavows all responsibility for anything that may or may not happen to you. Remember to double-check these dates!

I may have missed this if it has already been posted, but how would Gibraltar fit in with the 90/180 rule. Would it be classed as British sovereign territory?

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I may have missed this if it has already been posted, but how would Gibraltar fit in with the 90/180 rule. Would it be classed as British sovereign territory?
I don't think I've seen an update either. I think that I read about a proposal to have officials from the EU border force stationed at Gibraltar’s port and airport alongside local officials. Probably only a few weeks ago and talks are probably still in progress, unless I also missed an announcement.

greeny

Visit site
Friends are travelling to Gib on Friday, I'll let you know how they get on. Feet on the ground info is what's important to travellers.
Another friend left Faro airport last week. 38 days over the 90. Not a word said at passport control. Stamped out of EU and a polite goodbye.

goeasy123

Visit site
The official calculator used by border guards is available at: Short-stay Visa Calculator
Presumably the Schengen centralised database will use the same algorithm when it goes live next year.
In Spain and Portugal they do not use a calculator. If they check at all they rely on the stamps in the passport and mental arithmetic. If you have a complicated set of stamps they generally don't check. They will scan passports only to check them against the EU criminal records database, as they are required to do by the EU.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
In Spain and Portugal they do not use a calculator. If they check at all they rely on the stamps in the passport and mental arithmetic. If you have a complicated set of stamps they generally don't check. They will scan passports only to check them against the EU criminal records database, as they are required to do by the EU.

When they scan passports at control, it shows up previous visits and dates. Whether they will in future take any action if overstay is flagged, remains to be seen.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yes, that's my understanding too. Hard to work out why UK government are opposed but, then again, the EU could simply offer it. I would imagine that Spain, Portugal, Greece will all suffer if temporary residents - property owners, campervans, sailors - all feel they have to change their plans. I am certainly looking at Turkey for next season.
Better hurry and book a winter berth as they not only already getting full but prices are going up

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I can't find the article but I read in the Spanish local ( on the net) that a 75 year old lady was refused back into Spain to visit her grandchildren because her passport wasn't stamped out , athought she had airline tickets and prove of payment she left six month early, she also shown she was in hospital in the UK .
according to the report the board police wasn't interested in any prove , she approach the embassy back in the UK and they where also not interested , he MP basically said he can't help .
I think Spain could be one country where problem could arise .
Italy or should I say Sicily so far three cruisers have experience no problem , one left and was over his 90 days nothing said the other two couple return again over stayed before they returned back to the UK and nothing said when they returned .
It could be a case of who check on the day , or maybe some countries are turning a blind eye as they want our money .