90/180 days

billskip

Visit site
German citizens do not require a work permit in Spain but they do need to register on the Padron and get a NIE number.
When they get an NIE number they also get a card which states they can work this is the work permit or permission to work. Without this NIE they cannot work ....so they need permission to work.

Please what is your definition of a work permit? Maybe that is where I'm confused.

dgadee

Visit site
When they get an NIE number they also get a card which states they can work this is the work permit or permission to work. Without this NIE they cannot work ....so they need permission to work.

Please what is your definition of a work permit? Maybe that is where I'm confused.

It could be for tax reasons rather than work permit reasons. Freedom of movement for work does not require a permit - that suggests it could be declined whereas it is a core freedom of the EU and can't be declined.

When I lived in Munich (not working) I was told that Bavaria required employees to state their religion so that a % of their salary went to that church. Atheists didn't like it - in such a conservative area - and felt that their job opportunities would be lessened if they were truthful. That's an indication that work required informations can differ in various parts of the EU.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
It could be for tax reasons rather than work permit reasons. Freedom of movement for work does not require a permit - that suggests it could be declined whereas it is a core freedom of the EU and can't be declined.

When I lived in Munich (not working) I was told that Bavaria required employees to state their religion so that a % of their salary went to that church. Atheists didn't like it - in such a conservative area - and felt that their job opportunities would be lessened if they were truthful. That's an indication that work required informations can differ in various parts of the EU.
When I worked in Germany, I gave my religion as Church of England.
They were no Church of England churches in the state of Bavaria. So none of my salary was deducted.

billskip

Visit site

20211024_181205.jpg
This is an NIE card it says clearly type of permit TRABAJO =work

billskip

Visit site

I think this is where the confusion is .. what you have to do to legally work I consider it to be permission or permit. You consider it to be something else..whatever without it you cannot legally work. This was the same for me in Sweden, Spain, Greece and in Ireland.
So without the correct papers issued by the government of the said country you cannot work legally, this I consider to be permission.

AndersG

Visit site

A work permit is something you apply for and that can be denied. A NIE you often need regardless of you live in Spain or not. Need one to buy a house or open a bank account.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
The number maybe ,but along with that number is a permission . See photo.
I can see that, but an NIE is a tax number, nothing to do with residency; however, your NIE number appears on your driving licence, your health card, and your residency card once you've applied for them. They are not one and the same.

dgadee

Visit site
You need an NIE ( as far as I am aware ) to legally work.

You might be mixing up "working legally" and "having the right to work". Two different things. The EU guarantees you the right to work, but that doesn't mean that countries don't require you to pay tax.

PS: Any, anyway, it says you are non EU so I don't see what relevance this has to your earlier postings.

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I think this is where the confusion is .. what you have to do to legally work I consider it to be permission or permit. You consider it to be something else..whatever without it you cannot legally work. This was the same for me in Sweden, Spain, Greece and in Ireland.
So without the correct papers issued by the government of the said country you cannot work legally, this I consider to be permission.
You can accept a work contract in an EU country. If that country requires work permits, then it is required by EU law to issue that work permit to you. It is not discretionary - they cannot refuse unless you are not from an EU country or one of those with EU freedom of movement.

But they can fine you if you do not apply to renew it in time. They tried to do this in Germany to me, but I told them I was not in the country at the time (they had no way of checking), so they had to redo the application from the beginning. Which cost the poor official hours of extra work. But it saved me paying the DM 60 fine.

For some one from the UK, they can now refuse that work permit.

Also, EU companies are required to favour EU citizens for any work and a company will have to justify (and this is not simple - but I have done it) why they need to recruit some one from outside the EU.

By the way I have created companies in Korea, Taiwan, France, Italy and Greece and I have personal tax numbers in all of those countries (among others).

dgadee

Visit site
You can accept a work contract in an EU country. If that country requires work permits, then it is required by EU law to issue that work permit to you. It is not discretionary - they cannot refuse unless you are not from an EU country or one of those with EU freedom of movement.

For some one from the UK, they can refuse that work permit.

Also, EU companies are required to favour EU citizens for any work and a company will have to justify (and this is not simple - but I have done it) why they need to recruit some one from outside the EU.

The card says you are a GB national, Bill.

billskip

Visit site
You might be mixing up "working legally" and "having the right to work". Two different things. The EU guarantees you the right to work, but that doesn't mean that countries don't require you to pay tax.

PS: Any, anyway, it says you are non EU so I don't see what relevance this has to your earlier postings.
Where does it say anything about me?

Other threads that may be of interest