90/180 days

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The Netherlands may have been covid, not 90/180.
At the moment I would think the change between priorities of rules is in overdrive.
being able to check on line was to do with covid , it ment you had to show your QR code before getting your boarding ,
We have the same flying from Sicily to the Netherlands,
Just a bit suprise that flying back to the Netherlands they changed the rule and are now able to check on line especially how all three flights are with the same air lines .

BurnitBlue

Visit site
being able to check on line was to do with covid , it ment you had to show your QR code before getting your boarding ,
We have the same flying from Sicily to the Netherlands,
Just a bit suprise that flying back to the Netherlands they changed the rule and are now able to check on line especially how all three flights are with the same air lines .
The airline may now already have your QR code on file. They only need it to be within the period of validity. I believe ryanair have a folder where the passenger can store relevent documents for future use without having to jump through hoops for each booking.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The airline may now already have your QR code on file. They only need it to be within the period of validity. I believe ryanair have a folder where the passenger can store relevent documents for future use without having to jump through hoops for each booking.
Another problem now , rules just change , so the lat flow test we booked and paid for won't be valid after Tuesday ( we arrive Thursday in the UK ) ,
it mean paying for two more PCR test .

Kelpie

Visit site
Another problem now , rules just change , so the lat flow test we booked and paid for won't be valid after Tuesday ( we arrive Thursday in the UK ) ,
We're flying on Tuesday. Have you heard anything official about when the PCR requirements come in?
I wonder if we can get a refund on our LFTs...

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. You have chosen to travel in what appears to be a time of maximum panic and minimum information. I hear that it will be a minimum of three weeks before the implications of the new O varient will be known. Best of luck, perhaps plan to enjoy a land-based Christmas.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We're flying on Tuesday. Have you heard anything official about when the PCR requirements come in?
I wonder if we can get a refund on our LFTs...
Doubtful if they will give us a refund but I will try and contact them on Monday .
The info I got so far is from 4am on the 30th you have to have a PCR test on or before day 2 ,
At the moment I don't know if you have to go to a testing station or you can do it on linecand through the post .
It's a right pain as I got lots of stuff booked doctors eye test so on and now I'm going to have to cancel them all .

Has anyone else heard any more about how the PCR test can be done ?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. You have chosen to travel in what appears to be a time of maximum panic and minimum information. I hear that it will be a minimum of three weeks before the implications of the new O varient will be known. Best of luck, perhaps plan to enjoy a land-based Christmas.
Yea I can pick my timing :)
We manage three EU country's with out a problem and fling back to my own country and there all this crap.
We still weighing things up , do just return back to sicly , it could say me having passport stamp , which will probably happen when I fly back from the UK .
Or just carry on with our plain ,
The real concern is if we do carry on and rules change again and we can't get back to the boat .

billskip

Visit site
Doubtful if they will give us a refund but I will try and contact them on Monday .
The info I got so far is from 4am on the 30th you have to have a PCR test on or before day 2 ,
At the moment I don't know if you have to go to a testing station or you can do it on linecand through the post .
It's a right pain as I got lots of stuff booked doctors eye test so on and now I'm going to have to cancel them all .

Move over to the covid forum they possibly have info

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

You can't use NHS test centres. PCR Day 2 tests, like lateral flow, are posted to your home for self testing. The difference being you have to post the pcr test sample back to the provider for testing, they then email the result about 24 hours after receipt.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
You can't use NHS test centres. PCR Day 2 tests, like lateral flow, are posted to your home for self testing. The difference being you have to post the pcr test sample back to the provider for testing, they then email the result about 24 hours after receipt.
Thanks Graham I wasn't sure if we would need to go to a test centre.
More cost but hey it is what it is .

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Most recent update for travelling to France:-

If you are travelling from the UK and are not vaccinated, you must present a PCR or antigen test that is less than 24 hours old. 
The departure of the first flight is taken into account in the case of travel with a connection. Children under 12 years of age are exempt from testing.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Thanks Graham I wasn't sure if we would need to go to a test centre.
More cost but hey it is what it is .

The good news is tests are now cheaper. Earlier in the year we each had to do day 2 and day 8 tests @ £99 each per test, as well as pre-flight pcr @ €101 each.
I see Chronomics (who we used for lat flow 4 weeks ago) are offering pcr Day 2 @ £64.99, others may be cheaper so trawl the gov. list of providers.

Alternatively, there may be a private clinic/ test centre near to where you'll be staying but we don't have that luxury in N Wales.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Yea I can pick my timing :)
We manage three EU country's with out a problem and fling back to my own country and there all this crap.
We still weighing things up , do just return back to sicly , it could say me having passport stamp , which will probably happen when I fly back from the UK .
Or just carry on with our plain ,
The real concern is if we do carry on and rules change again and we can't get back to the boat .
Latest info from SA is that the full vacinated get very mild symptoms from O varient. Non to half vacinated get serious illness needing intensive care. If it was my decision I would decide IF it was imperitive that I return to the boat, i would stay in EU and get back to the boat. If it was not important when I got back to the boat I would carry on to UK and hope for the best. The utmost priority I would assign to personal health issues.which for me would be to assume a mild outcome for the fully vaccinated so I would take the risk and rely on a mild prognosis and lower restrictions when the facts were known.

I would also let my partner decide what route to take so I could shelter behind anger if the wrong decision was taken. Just kidding, but do not under-rate the calming effect of blaming someone else. Something also tells me I should delete that last paragraph.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Latest info from SA is that the full vacinated get very mild symptoms from O varient. Non to half vacinated get serious illness needing intensive care. If it was my decision I would decide IF it was imperitive that I return to the boat, i would stay in EU and get back to the boat. If it was not important when I got back to the boat I would carry on to UK and hope for the best. The utmost priority I would assign to personal health issues.which for me would be to assume a mild outcome for the fully vaccinated so I would take the risk and rely on a mild prognosis and lower restrictions when the facts were known.

I would also let my partner decide what route to take so I could shelter behind anger if the wrong decision was taken. Just kidding, but do not under-rate the calming effect of blaming someone else. Something also tells me I should delete that last paragraph.
Co skipper /Partner alway make any decision jointly, althought that doesn't stop me from being in the wrong :)

We did plain 4 to 5 weeks away to catch up with both our family's sort out appointment and if it took a bit longer so be it , but we didn't take in account another out break and a possibility that now the UK is out of the EU there maybe problems getting back.
We got till Thursday morning to decide what to do , we chew it over and see what's the best action .

BurnitBlue

Visit site
Co skipper /Partner alway make any decision jointly, althought that doesn't stop me from being in the wrong :)

We did plain 4 to 5 weeks away to catch up with both our family's sort out appointment and if it took a bit longer so be it , but we didn't take in account another out break and a possibility that now the UK is out of the EU there maybe problems getting back.
We got till Thursday morning to decide what to do , we chew it over and see what's the best action .
Good thinking. By Thursday a pretty accurate picture will or may emerge I never make a decision today that can be postponed until tomorrow.

ean_p

Visit site

I saw the comments about it being a mild infection from the guy in SA who first identified it and also I believe from a spokes person of the WHO, but have not seen a reference to it being severe to the part / un vaccinated. Have you a ref to it please?

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I saw the comments about it being a mild infection from the guy in SA who first identified it and also I believe from a spokes person of the WHO, but have not seen a reference to it being severe to the part / un vaccinated. Have you a ref to it please?
Only from Dr John Campbell on his video this morning where he compares both scenarios from two Doctors. One treated patients who were fully vaccinated she called it a storm in a teacup. The opposing view from a doctor in the poor part of town who attended to patients who were not vaccinated to seious illeness. Dr Campbells view is guarded but it seemed to me that he was agreeing with both doctors.