90/180 days

BurnitBlue

Visit site
My particular difficulty with a valid boarding pass was because i was traveling to Copenhagen airport via the train crossing he Öresund bridge from my home in Sweden. Border guards from both Denmark and Sweden boarded the train at the border. It would have been too late to collect my boarding pass in Copenhagen hub.

I can imagine problems for passengers who need to change flights to a different airline if airplane door system fo get a boarding pass became the new normal. Airport strandings will be commn I would think.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
My particular difficulty with a valid boarding pass was because i was traveling to Copenhagen airport via the train crossing he Öresund bridge from my home in Sweden. Border guards from both Denmark and Sweden boarded the train at the border. It would have been too late to collect my boarding pass in Copenhagen hub.

I can imagine problems for passengers who need to change flights to a different airline if airplane door system fo get a boarding pass became the new normal. Airport strandings will be commn I would think.
We in Copenhagen as I write our flight was from Holland , I know we looked into our return flight and again we can't check in on line .
KLM did the same with our flight from Sicily

BurnitBlue

Visit site
We in Copenhagen as I write our flight was from Holland , I know we looked into our return flight and again we can't check in on line .
KLM did the same with our flight from Sicily
I was told that a boarding pass was mandatory to be allowed into Denmark as proof of transit status. A simple ticket was not enough because they can be refunded inside 30 days once past border control. Not sure if this was true or not but I was certainly happy to have a valid boarding pass to continue the journey.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I was told that a boarding pass was mandatory to be allowed into Denmark as proof of transit status. A simple ticket was not enough because they can be refunded inside 30 days once past border control. Not sure if this was true or not but I was certainly happy to have a valid boarding pass to continue the journey.
We did get a boarding card but only after que up and going to the check in desk ,

st599

Visit site
I think this will also become the responsibility of the carrier to check your passport validity for the duration of your ticket. It will be not easy to buy one way tickets.
At Munich Airport the other week, you had to show proof of return travel, accomodation, travel insurance and funds before they'd let you in to Germany.

billskip

Visit site
At Munich Airport the other week, you had to show proof of return travel, accomodation, travel insurance and funds before they'd let you in to Germany.
That does not surprise me, although the declaration of funds seems a little extreme if you have insurance.

st599

Visit site
That does not surprise me, although the declaration of funds seems a little extreme if you have insurance.
I think the funds requirement is the same for all 3rd country Nationals. At least in Germany it wasn't too high, France is about €120 per day if you haven't got hotel rooms booked.

Poignard

Visit site
How do you show you have the money? Do you have to carry cash, show debit cards or even a bank statement?
Sorry but I don't know exactly. I vaguely remember reading that bank statements and tax returns were required.

For my Withdrawal Agreement Residence Permit I was not required to show any evidence or even declare it.

billskip

Visit site
Sorry, I was thinking about entry into Germany as a visitor as in post #467. When I took out my Portuguese permanent residence, they didn't bother about funds or language skills.
It would hit a family of 4 hard if on 2 weeks holiday at +€120 per day, it's the same with Spain they have €90 per day I think,but it's not going to do their tourist industry any flavours if they threaten to enforce it.

st599

Visit site
How do you show you have the money? Do you have to carry cash, show debit cards or even a bank statement?
Bank App.
It would hit a family of 4 hard if on 2 weeks holiday at +€120 per day, it's the same with Spain they have €90 per day I think,but it's not going to do their tourist industry any flavours if they threaten to enforce it.
Plus for those contemplating a 12Month visa to stay on a yacht, you need £45k+ per person to qualify.

John_Silver

allatseawithstargazer.blogspot.com
France asks for 3 months' Current Account statements to support the 6 month visa application. But also mentions credit cards as acceptable as proof - although you'd need a pretty hefty upper limit to cover off 180 days x 120 euro per day....

billskip

Visit site
Carrying on from my #464 post , just checked and found we can now check on line unlike our last two flights back to the Netherlands .
The Netherlands may have been covid, not 90/180.
At the moment I would think the change between priorities of rules is in overdrive.

Other threads that may be of interest