90/180 days

Forty_Two

Visit site
Here's a useful bit of commentary on getting the 3 - 6 month VLS-T French Visitor visa
Extended Euro-tour over 90 days in 180
This is the link contained in my previous post's link - very useful
180 days in france

And from that link this puts to bed the issue over the 90 days being separate from any long stay visa granted, as confirmed by the French Consulate:

"
At the end of the VLS-T visa period

The French Consulate has confirmed that, at the end of your visa period, you must leave France and have your passport stamped by the French authorities to comply with the conditions of your visa.
  • In practice you must generally exit the Schengen Zone via France so that your passport is stamped by the French Authorities.
  • You cannot exit from a different Schengen country, for example, by catching a ferry home from Spain or Belgium or flying home from Geneva.
If you wish to continue your stay in France using your 90/180 days allowance, you must first exit France (in practice, leave the entire Schengen zone unless you can get your passport stamped when leaving France in some other way) and return no sooner than 24 hours later (words direct from the French Consulate). "

st599

Visit site
Just a thought on today's papers - did the 90 in 180 allowance appear in the withdrawal agreement, or was it separate? If Truss does use article 16 nullifying the withdrawal agreement are we then going to need Schengen visas?

AndersG

Visit site
Just a thought on today's papers - did the 90 in 180 allowance appear in the withdrawal agreement, or was it separate? If Truss does use article 16 nullifying the withdrawal agreement are we then going to need Schengen visas?
I believe that was not in the agreement and 90/180 would happen even without any agreement as long as UK allowed all EU citizens visa free entry.

syvictoria

Visit site
I believe that was not in the agreement and 90/180 would happen even without any agreement as long as UK allowed all EU citizens visa free entry.

I don't think that it's the 90/180 that's being questioned here, but more the visa-waived status that the UK currently has. I.e.: Without the WA, will we need to apply for and be granted a Schengen visa in order to visit for 90/180?

AndersG

Visit site
I don't think that it's the 90/180 that's being questioned here, but more the visa-waived status that the UK currently has. I.e.: Without the WA, will we need to apply for and be granted a Schengen visa in order to visit for 90/180?
I must have been unclear. I believe the visa free arrivals was voted on in the EU parlament before the agreement was finished and as long as all EU members are allowed visa free access To UK, UK citizens will not need a visa to enter EU.

syvictoria

Visit site
I must have been unclear. I believe the visa free arrivals was voted on in the EU parlament before the agreement was finished and as long as all EU members are allowed visa free access To UK, UK citizens will not need a visa to enter EU.

I hope that your belief is correct. I'm sure that, much like B itself, there will be unexpected repercussions if Liz Truss pulls the plug.

billskip

Visit site
Quote from gov.co.uk website..
If you stay in Spain with a Spanish residence permit or long-stay visa, this does not count towards your 90-day visa-free limit for the Schengen area.
If you visit other Schengen area countries outside Spain, make sure you do not exceed the visa-free 90 days in any 180-day period. You are responsible for counting how long you stay under the Schengen visa waiver, and you must comply with its conditions.

billskip

Visit site
From the etias website......
The EU confirms the UK is eligible for ETIAS
According to EU sources consulted by etiasvisa.com, the UK will be one of the countries whose citizens will be obliged to apply for an ETIAS visa waiver. “responding to the question of whether the United Kingdom will be eligible for ETIAS, the answer is that ETIAS will indeed apply to UK citizens”.
The system will become available to British citizens when it is launched in late 2022.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Just to upto date with how my travel plain going for them who are interested.
I've returned back to sicily via Malta,
We took this route for two reasons
One, cost flight direct were stupid money and two 18 hour flights two stop overs , any one thing we was going to the US .

What we experience was Malta was very stricted,not as one would guess passport Control but covid rules every thing had to be shown twice including passport to make sure we haven't left the UK within 14 days of arrival in Malta location form and covid vaticnation certificate checked and checked again.
Booking into an hotel was just as bad.
Things didn't get any better taken the ferry across to sicily we had to take another latal flow test and once again everything had to be shown twice, once at checkin and again at boarding.
Since covid start this was the worst we had checking we had all the right documentation.
Arrving in sicily there was no passport control coming from another EU country,
Our passport wasn't stamped or scanned at any point just visal,
So we start 2022 with a plain to visit Tunisia late in March/April for a wash down and propellor grease where I expect my first passport stamp in two years.

pandos

Visit site
Article 16 refers to specific parts of the NI protocol. Not the TCA or the entire WA.

pandos

Visit site
Though it may be that if Art. 16 is used, the EU may apply sanctions through the TCA.

In theory yes. But many steps to be taken first,...

In reality taking unilateral steps which breach the TCA could lead to sanctions.

Triggering 16, which sets out a means to deal with problems, is the route least likely to to lead to sanctions.

The quote below is from a UK Gov briefing paper....

Redirect Noticehttps://researchbriefings.files.par...cQFnoECDQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw24p_cYmBOqz6IQz-HMw07N

Article 16 NIP allows the EU or the UK to take “appropriate” unilateral
safeguard measures if the application of the Protocol leads to “serious
economic, societal or environmental difficulties that are liable to persist, or to
diversion of trade”. The measures must be “strictly necessary” (in terms of
scope and duration) to remedy the situation and ensure the least disturbance
to the functioning of the Protocol.
Joint Committee to begin consultations to find a commonly acceptable solution
before any unilateral measures are taken and, if taken, consult regularly on
their removal or reduction.

Other threads that may be of interest