29th March

Bigplumbs

Visit site
In England Looking at the RYA Website my understanding is that we can go out in our boat having a single household on it on or after 29th March. And as of the 12th April a single household could do an overnight stay on their boat. I don't want to break or even flex any of the rules........ is this how others see it

Thanks

snowbird30ds

Norfolk broads based, coast when time allows.
Visit site
That is pretty much how I see it although you should still minimise travel where possible, I will probably leave my boat alone till 12th april as it's 90 miles away but have the advantage of checking it over last monday as I had a work job that took me within a mile of it, my guvnor is primed up so any runs near norwich I get sent on but where I moor I don't see anyone anyway except a distant thumbs up through the office window.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
That is pretty much how I see it although you should still minimise travel where possible, I will probably leave my boat alone till 12th april as it's 90 miles away but have the advantage of checking it over last monday as I had a work job that took me within a mile of it, my guvnor is primed up so any runs near norwich I get sent on but where I moor I don't see anyone anyway except a distant thumbs up through the office window.

I assume yours is on the Broads. One of mine is at St Olaves

Visit site
You are permitted to visit your boat as of the 8th March (today).
Coronavirus - advice and information for recreational boaters | News | News & Events | RYA - Royal Yachting Association

"When using a boat for outdoor recreation alone or with your household or support bubble from 8th March, you must not go inside except to access a toilet or for safety reasons or navigation. "
Coronavirus

Also, the term "recreation" has been added as of the 8th March and boating is outdoor recreation.
  • you can spend time in outdoor public spaces for recreation on your own, with your household or support bubble, or with one other person. This means you can sit down for a drink or picnic. You must continue to maintain social distance from those outside your household. This is in addition to outdoor exercise, which is already permitted
National lockdown: Stay at Home

Bigplumbs

Visit site
You are permitted to visit your boat as of the 8th March (today).
Coronavirus - advice and information for recreational boaters | News | News & Events | RYA - Royal Yachting Association

"When using a boat for outdoor recreation alone or with your household or support bubble from 8th March, you must not go inside except to access a toilet or for safety reasons or navigation. "
Coronavirus

Also, the term "recreation" has been added as of the 8th March and boating is outdoor recreation.
  • you can spend time in outdoor public spaces for recreation on your own, with your household or support bubble, or with one other person. This means you can sit down for a drink or picnic. You must continue to maintain social distance from those outside your household. This is in addition to outdoor exercise, which is already permitted
National lockdown: Stay at Home

I am not sure that is true about the 8th. It smacks a little like trying to fit the rules around what you want to do and as I said I am not going to flex the rules as I feel this whole thing is way more important than boating. I think I will leave it till the end of March date as my original post

Tomahawk

Visit site
I have no idea what that nonsense even means and to be honest have no interest in anything you have to say

To the best of my knowledge, I have never been rude to you. So why you feel the need to be gratuitously unpleasant is beyond me.

But if on the odd chance you are reading this... I am trying to organise the Fitting Up Supper this year. But what with covidiocy and lockdown it is most likely we will be so late into the summer before we are allowed to actually meet socially and enjoy a meal that we might end up having a Laying Down Supper instead. I also want to arrange it around Roger (Sailorman) so he can come along so it may get even later...

I take it you will not be attending.

By way of clarification, we call it Laying down and Fitting Up instead of the usual fitting out and laying up. It's an East Coast thing.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
To the best of my knowledge, I have never been rude to you. So why you feel the need to be gratuitously unpleasant is beyond me.

But if on the odd chance you are reading this... I am trying to organise the Fitting Up Supper this year. But what with covidiocy and lockdown it is most likely we will be so late into the summer before we are allowed to actually meet socially and enjoy a meal that we might end up having a Laying Down Supper instead. I also want to arrange it around Roger (Sailorman) so he can come along so it may get even later...

I take it you will not be attending.

By way of clarification, we call it Laying down and Fitting Up instead of the usual fitting out and laying up. It's an East Coast thing.

You have a very short memory

MoodySabre

Visit site
Well I went sailing with a mate today And blooming nice it was. Lots of peeps in the marina. Saw 6people all sitting in a cockpit having drinks and a good laugh together. I expect they were all jabbed up. Illegal but .......

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
Just had two day sails . Yesterday and today.

Nice but totally knackered .

I find overnights/days far less taxing. Have now found five more things to be done which
I didn't know about until getting all the washing up.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Just had two day sails . Yesterday and today.

Nice but totally knackered .

I find overnights/days far less taxing. Have now found five more things to be done which
I didn't know about until getting all the washing up.
Yes - driving around 90 miles there, doing various odd jobs, going out for a couple of hours, tidying up and driving 90 miles back makes a long day! Especially as coming back there was a time constraint.