2012 Cherbourg Scuttlebutt Cruise

Angele

Visit site
Angele confirmed, with 2 on board.

Planning to set off from Portsmouth or Yarmouth (need to check tides) shortly before dawn on Saturday.

Will miss wine tasting (shame!) but will be in time for dinner.

Planning on doing the return trip on the Monday.

prv

Visit site
Looks like I'm taking Russell across, my other crew being unavailable.

Leaving from the Needles on Friday morning.

I'm planning to come to the wine tasting - don't know if Russell is. Got to do something to fill the time on Saturday, and while the maritime museum was good last year, I don't really need to go again. Think there's room for a couple of cases in the forepeak locker.

Don't know exactly when we'll be leaving, but want to avoid a repeat of last year where we had to cast off at 0600 on Sunday morning when some of you had probably only just gone to bed :). This time I want to be in the staying-up-drinking group :D (and then have enough time alongside before having to go anywhere)

Pete

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Tinkerbell will be staying in Yarmouth Thursday night and heading off to Cherbourg Friday morning. This will be our first crossing so would be interested to hook up with any others crossing over from Yarmouth on Friday.

Unfortunately our numbers have gone to 2, maybe 3. One of my crew has become ill. :(

CPD

Visit site
Complete change of plan for next weekend so please take us off the list. Hope to make the gathering next year though :).

KREW2

Visit site
Looks like we are going to be 3 peoples, arriving Friday. Book us down for anything to do with food and wine.

chubby

www.flickr.com
Just about to leave home for boat, mon am, will potter down the solent today and cross tomorrow, tues all being well, will go somewhere else before Cherbourg, maybe St V or barfleur as NE forecast for weds so may be bumpy in Alderney then cherbourg by thursday to tidy ship before the arrival of SWMBO on the pm ferry from Portsmouth on fri eve, looks like good weather!!!!

andyowen22

criticalillnesscoverquote.org
Sailfree - 8 - also Host Boat for 10-12 group on Friday night Cherbourg Restaurant.
Fergus - ?
Galadriel -2
Wizard -2
Tidewaiter ?
Chubby - 2
Lady in Bed - 1
Talulah - 1 + spare berths available
Pinnacle ?
PRV 2
Whitelighter/RickP - 4
Mudisox
Topcat47 - 2
Babylon -2
Bedouin - 2
Seajet - ?
Angele - ?
HinewaisMan - ?
Cardo - 4
West Wittering - 2
Deuco02 -3
DJE - 2
CPD - 4?
PVR- ?
Krew2 -?
Moodynick - 2?
MasterofNone - 2?
BobE - 3 to 5?

prv

Visit site
Looks like we will be leaving hamble at 0400 to get max tide down Solent.

I'm sure you'll be overtaking us soon after that, then. Given your waterline length and a couple of knots of tide, you'll probably be past us before we're awake :). Keep an eye out for a small black hull anchored behind Hurst Spit.

Pete

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com
Many apologies for the late arrival of my traditional 'not coming' post. This time I'll be battling my way across The Atlantic.

On a plane, of course, I'm not mad....

Have a great time, guys.

Chris

Sailfree

Visit site
Latest Info - please update me with final restaurant nos and any vegetarians if not noted . Some I am missing contact details. Sending out 1st draft spreadsheet today so if you have not got it I need your private e mail address - send me a PM.

Last point - We settle the YC bill in cash thats €'s req!!

Sailfree - 8
Fergus - 3
Galadriel 2
Wizard -2
Tidewaiter No confimation ? No details?
Chubby - 2
Lady in Bed - 1
Pinnacle - 3
PRV -2
Whitelighter/RickP - 4
Mudisox - 2 0r 4
Topcat47 - 2
Babylon -2 No details?
Bedouin - 2
Seajet - No confimation ? No details?
Angele - 2
HinewaisMan - No confimation ? No details?
Cardo - 2
WestWittering - 2
Deuco02 -3 No details?
Krew2 -3
Moodynick - 2
MasterofNone - 1 +1Veg
BobE - 2
Dockhead 4to5 No confimation ? No details?

Have I missed anyone. Unfortunately the 2010 excel spreadsheets appear blank when I open them - don't know why other yrs open OK

Spreadsheet now sent - if you have not received it I have not got your e mail address correct

Last edited:

bedouin

Visit site
I'm only 1 at the moment - but may drop out if the wind doesn't pick up. Motoring across the channel is no fun on my boat :(

Dockhead

Visit site
Have I missed anyone. Unfortunately the 2010 excel spreadsheets appear blank when I open them - don't know why other yrs open OK

Spreadsheet now sent - if you have not received it I have not got your e mail address correct

Dockhead -- departure (preliminary) Noon on Friday from Hamble; arrival Cherbourg maybe 22:00 local time (assuming motoring at 7 knots).

Crew list not finalized -- from 2 to possibly 5 people including myself, but my First Mate is sick, and if he does not recover by Friday, I might have to abort, since the further possibly 3 people are not sailors. Don't fancy single-handing across.

Talulah

Visit site
Have to report that Talulah won't be coming :-(
Wife has returned after being away for 4 weeks and wants to spend weekend on board but with an early finish.