? International Travel And a Covid Passport ?

nortada

Visit site
Like it or not, it is becoming increasingly apparent that we may have to have Covid Passport if we wish to travel between countries.

My thoughts are about those of us who are getting jabbed in countries other than our ‘home’ country (the country that issued our passport).

We are in this position as British Passport holders, who are getting the AstraZeneca (AZ) jabs in Portugal.

I understand that following the second jab we will be able to get an e-Covid Passport that we can download and print off. Alternatively, if we apply to the local health centre, they will provide a hardcopy passport.

Because there are 12 weeks between jabs and it is anticipated that international travel will soon resume, some are thinking of getting their first jab abroad but then flying back to the UK for their second and possibly third booster jab in the autumn. Question, how will they get a Covid Passport for future travel❓

To get around this, we intend to remain in Portugal and travel on a Portuguese Covid Passport.

Looking to the longer term, I understand one idea in the UK is for details of jabs to be incorporated into the NHS app and added as biometric details to or e-passports. Wonder how we will get our ‘foreign’ Covid Passport details added to our UK passports.

I suppose one solution would be to have a second course of jabs in the U.K. but this would seem a bit drastic and would it be safe❓

My final thought is that given a couple of years, as a better and ‘better handle’ on Covid, is gained the medical passport issue may just fade away. We don’t get passport to prove that we are up to date with flu jabs etc.

Any/all thoughts appreciated.?

Last edited:

Davy_S

Visit site
I can only tell you how it works in the uk, if you download the patients App (not the covid App) you have to prove who you are to gain full access, ie photo of driving licence etc, it will then show that you have had the jab, this can be printed off, from what i understand, you will be able to carry a digital copy or a printed copy.

st599

Visit site
I can only tell you how it works in the uk, if you download the patients App (not the covid App) you have to prove who you are to gain full access, ie photo of driving licence etc, it will then show that you have had the jab, this can be printed off, from what i understand, you will be able to carry a digital copy or a printed copy.

The app hasn't been updated to include the passport yet. It's not the page that says you've been jabbed, it's a page that can be scanned and checked against a central database.

IATA have created an international standard for an app that works at airports: IATA Travel Pass Initiative
Hopefully we won't re-invent the wheel.

Barbaria

Visit site
The only valid passport for travel is the regular one.
You do not need any other passport/certificate to travel today, You will need a negative Covid test done in 15 min at (I belive) any airport. Cost: free in France, €30 in Italy, €65 in Sweden, so somebody is starting to see the potensial to earn a lot of €#$ on this mess.

Davy_S

Visit site
The app hasn't been updated to include the passport yet. It's not the page that says you've been jabbed, it's a page that can be scanned and checked against a central database.
I never said it was a passport! the page i quoted simply shows you have been jabbed, when the vaccine passport is updated it will be digital or printed, it will not be on a central database that can be hacked along with your patient details, they have said it will be individual details to prevent hacking.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
The only valid passport for travel is the regular one.
You do not need any other passport/certificate to travel today, You will need a negative Covid test done in 15 min at (I belive) any airport. Cost: free in France, €30 in Italy, €65 in Sweden, so somebody is starting to see the potensial to earn a lot of €#$ on this mess.

Wish those prices were standard, it cost the two of us £600 for tests coming back to UK 2 weeks ago :(

Kelpie

Visit site
I'm surprised that the international cabal which apparently controls big pharma, all the governments, and most of the media, has not been able to decide upon an international standard for a vaccine passport.

steveallan

Visit site
Similar situation in Spain, digital copy or hard copy available online or at the medical center with a unique Q code.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Can't help thinking if they said it was a certificate instead of a passport people would be a little keener. Hay hoo.

Yes. Having in the past traveled to places where vaccination certificates (typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, smallpox etc) had to be presented, I really can't see people's resistance to them. As I'm still avoiding buying smartphone, personally prefer paper certificates or, maybe plastic card.

billskip

Visit site
Yes. Having in the past traveled to places where vaccination certificates (typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, smallpox etc) had to be presented, I really can't see people's resistance to them. As I'm still avoiding buying smartphone, personally prefer paper certificates or, maybe plastic card.
Ha ha you must be an old git like me, I had all these bits of paper stuck in the back of my passport, also if you remember, we had to have a paper with the amount of foreign currency stamped by the bank. I still have mine somewhere.

RupertW

Visit site
I just checked with my online patient access page which I use to order repeat prescriptions and was pleasantly surprised it was on there under immunisations
Same here - even though I had it done at a hospital 250 miles away from my GP practice and haven’t contacted them myself.

So it’s there in the actual NHS App (not the private sector T&T one branded as NHS), but they still need to do some work on the app to enable it to be scanned.

Poignard

Visit site
I just checked with my online patient access page which I use to order repeat prescriptions and was pleasantly surprised it was on there under immunisations
I have just done that and on the Medical Record/Medications page there is a record of my having the vaccinations but is it possible to progesss from that to something that can satisfy an immigration official in, say. France?

1620289726350.png

I mean something I can print out or display on my mobile that is internationally recognised; or has that not been developed yet?