??Portugal Back Into A State Of Calamity??

nortada

Visit site
You have taken a part of the algarve, and now comparing with the uk surely you could use Cornwall as an example, high holiday visits no major cities,
Also population density over the summer would be much higher, due to tourists , so if the brittish behave themselves in the algarve, why not the UK or is it as I suspect led by the Brittish fascination about the negative narrative.
65million people in the UK , and some of the stories about a small house party say 4 people with no masks today, 300 people in liverpool ,
I like a bit of statistical work but even I cannot be bothered to see that it is such a low number it is pointless arguing about it.
See when I go out I see all the positives people wearing masks, bars with great social distancing , my pool finally opened got some great mitigation going on,
Every one avoiding each other , everyone being respectful
When I see someone without a mask I do not think negatively I assume they have a good reason .
I get on with my day doing the right thing as the majority of brits are doibg

I didn't suggest that Covid in The Algarve was booming - you did, so why would I compare it with Corwall?

Or anywhere else for that matter?

Last edited:

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Result although many around that diner table did not like the government or it’s policies, they were unanimous in support of the way in which the President and PM are leading the country through the pandemic.

Another difference between there and the UK is how well the different parties are cooperating, with party politics put aside.

doug748

Visit site
I have been self isolating for 7 months pretty

If I may be so bold on the statement about generally the population follow the rules better than the uk
If that was the case why is Portugal going backwards and Infections are booming.
I suppose it's just the brittish tourist.
These statements only correlate to the negative perception of the british people who are trying their best

Give up mi-duck.

The balance of carefully weighed forensic evidence is against you:

Reports on the Media and Facebook from 1000 miles away V/S Anecdotal evidence from a dinner party.

QED ; - )

Other threads that may be of interest