??For Those Stuck In the EU Beyond the 90 day Schengen Limit.??

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I doubt the DVLC will check if you just claim you lost your original UK one.

Other countries have access to DVLA so I assume DVLA can access theirs. Feb 2020 I applied to exchange my license here and by the time the temporary one ran out (which was only valid in Portugal) I was back in UK and obtained duplicate UK one. In January, Portuguese wrote and told me I had to hand it in before getting theirs. I haven't bothered.

Easticks28

Visit site
One of the things people often dont realise is if Brits were to overstay their 90-day stay visa in, say, Spain then they don't just risk be immediately deported... ...they risk being banned from entering ALL of the 26 European Schengen Zone countries. :)

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Article 15 Withdrawal Agreement

Right of permanent residence
1. Union citizens and United Kingdom nationals, and their respective family members, who have resided legally in the host State in accordance with Union law for a continuous period of 5 years or for the period specified in Article 17 of Directive 2004/38/EC, shall have the right to reside permanently in the host State under the conditions set out in Articles 16, 17 and 18 of Directive 2004/38/EC. Periods of legal residence or work in accordance with Union law before and after the end of the transition period shall be included in the calculation of the qualifying period necessary for acquisition of the right of permanent residence.
2. Continuity of residence for the purposes of acquisition of the right of permanent residence shall be determined in accordance with Article 16(3) and Article 21 of Directive 2004/38/EC.
3. Once acquired, the right of permanent residence shall be lost only through absence from the host State for a period exceeding 5 consecutive years.