?? It Will Be Interesting To See How Far This Goes❓??

nortada

Visit site
EU urged to suspend funds to Hungary over ‘grave breaches of the rule of law’.

Is Hungexit on the cards❓

If so it could provide an interesting option to liveaboards in the EU.

When I last looked, landlocked Hungary didn’t have any sea borders but having expended their 90 days of grace in the EU, British expats could leave the boat in the EU and decamp to Hungary, to serve out the next 90 days, possibly in a motor home.

Should other Schengen Zone countries, follow suite and quit the EU, this could open up further opportunities.

Please note, while this thread will be of interest to liveaboards, as Bxt has come and gone, it is not intended to be political or current affairs.

Rather a thought on a possible future way of life.

On sea or land, always mobile. ⛵️? ? ☑️

Last edited:

jordanbasset

Visit site
Hungary may leave, but I think it unlikely, they know which side their bread is buttered, even more unlikely any other country will leave the EU. For example in the recent France regional elections Le Pen's euro sceptic party got trounced
Difficult to talk about the specifics in Hungary without talking politics and or current affairs. But if you are forced to spend 3 months on land, I would prefer to come back to the UK rather than go to Hungary

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site
Hungary may leave, but I think it unlikely, they know which side their bread is buttered, even more unlikely any other country will leave the EU. For example in the recent France regional elections Le Pen's euro sceptic party got trounced
Difficult to talk about the specifics in Hungary without talking politics and or current affairs. But if you are forced to spend 3 months on land, I would prefer to come back to the UK rather than go to Hungary

Concepts do not have to be political or current affairs.

Whilst Hungary was the bases of my thoughts, could a boat/mobile home strategy be a way ahead for those who wish to roam but do not want foreign residency (bit of an oxymoron)❓

nortada

Visit site

Could Hungary be chucked out❓

Back to underlying topic.

Three months on land - another option is 2 boats, one in the EU, the other not - Caribbean/EU anybody❓

Go down market on existing house/boat - sell one boat and buy 2. ⛵️ ? best of both worlds.

Costing (on the back of that fag packet) - sell house for £250,000 (average value of UK house). Buy apartment (£150,000). Buy second boat (£50,000). Balance £50,000 to run and maintain second boat - what not to like❓

Could change my username to ‘Two Boats❓

Nah, everybody on here already loves me as Nortada - that breath of fresh (hot) air.?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36384

Three months on land - another option is 2 boats, one in the EU, the other not - Caribbean/EU anybody❓

Go down market on existing house/boat - sell one boat and buy 2. ⛵ ? best of both worlds.

Costing (on the back of that fag packet) - sell house for £250,000 (average value of UK house). Buy apartment (£150,000). Buy second boat (£50,000). Balance £50,000 to run and maintain second boat - what not to like❓

Nah, everybody on here already loves me as Nortada - that breath of fresh (hot) air.?

Going down this road lies ruin. The political and social fallout from global warming risks an Expat losing everything as they get excluded from the countries where they travel in due to war, famine, etc and are forced back to their home countries with nothing.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
So Hungary cannot be ejected❓Just the centre of discontent.

Under current rules, chucking out a recalcitrant member is a long process and requires unanimity.
Since the governments of Poland and Slovenia are all quite sympathetic to Orban and his clique, this will never happen.

Hungary will never leave voluntarily as it's a HUGE net beneficiary of EU funds.

So, this whole thread is just a waste of time, IMHO.

nortada

Visit site
This whole thread is just a waste of time, IMHO.

Thank you for your opinion and support. Don’t quite understand your comment. If you don’t like it - then don’t read it.

Others may be interested in the concept of a motorhome supporting sailing in the EU. See quite a lot of it around these parts and a German boat near us regularly commutes by road to and from Bavaria and does a bit of site seeing on the way.

Rather than flying, the motor home is often used to return to the home country and now with the expense of getting

When cruising from country to country one problem that can be encountered is keeping the boat and motor home together.

Last edited:

Kelpie

Visit site
Having a motorhome and a yacht, neither of them in your home country, doesn't sound like my idea of fun. Unless one of you hates sailing and the other hates driving I suppose. You could go around in convoy!

grumpygit

Visit site

IMHO I tend to agree, quite dreamful and without any substance and not really relevant to these pages.
Take the motor home, how would you keep this legal with the permitted stay period of 90 or180 days or depending on the local law, then the driving licence, road tax, mot and insurance?
It's very unlikely Hungry will get the boot for breaking any rules or protocol because if this was the case Germany being the biggest rule breaker with France being a close runner up are by far the worst offenders and all with little or no retribution.
Hungry may leave on it's own accord because of it's far right government, but as said they know which side their bread's buttered on.

Visit site
:oops:

Go down market on existing house/boat - sell one boat and buy 2. ⛵ ? best of both worlds.

Desculpe-me , a nortada pode ser fresco mas é vento frio.?

Last edited:

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Under current rules, chucking out a recalcitrant member is a long process and requires unanimity.
Since the governments of Poland and Slovenia are all quite sympathetic to Orban and his clique, this will never happen.

Hungary will never leave voluntarily as it's a HUGE net beneficiary of EU funds.

Surely with Hungary it will be HEXIT and leaders of the other countries only need to meet and work out the correct form of words to chant in unison.

Expeliarmus or Expulso might sound about right but I don't think they have the desired effect. Evanesco would work but I think it is a bit severe. :D