£3,000.00 of pots stolen 28 March 20017

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
A friend of mine has just taken his pots out of storage and was prepping them to go to sea.

However some LOWLIFE has just gone down to Broadstairs beach (near Margate) and helped themselves to his pots.

If anyone witnessed anything last night on the pier please call the police and report it

davey

Visit site
A friend of mine has just taken his pots out of storage and was prepping them to go to sea.

However some LOWLIFE has just gone down to Broadstairs beach (near Margate) and helped themselves to his pots.

If anyone witnessed anything last night on the pier please call the police and report it

Wish I could help but all I can say is that fishing is all about getting something for nothing and I have had several outboard motors stolen over the years. Just ask yourself who is going to be able to either fence or use your pots.

By the way a common MO is to sail in at high tide in the dark without showing lights and load-up the swag. This was done at Bude many years ago. About a dozen outboard motors were stolen and it is thought that a fishing boat used a gin-pole. The thieves were so artful that they did the job on a Saturday night when they knew that the police would be fully occupied with drunks and trouble at nightclubs. It was thought to be the Padstow lot but of course there was no proof. It must have been extremely well planned as they got the tide right and the moon right (there was no moon) Good luck!