A tour of marinas in Spain - where do you suggest I go?

Clancy Moped

Visit site
No it's not Skyscanner, it's from what I see every day on the ground in Spain when yet another UK yacht crew gets turned back because they are not a resident or national.

Paulie300

Visit site
Ah, thats very interesting as it would suggest that the UK foreign office advice is incorrect or inaccurate in its presentation. Although, if some are arriving daily and being permitted entry, according to, for instance Ancasta in Spain/Mallorca, it would seem that the rules are bing applied inconsistently, not that this is a surprise...

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Ask Ancasta if they will refund your air fare if you're refused entry..... If it's Mallorca you're planning, bring a tent: most hotels and all restaurants, bars and cafes are shut.

Paulie300

Visit site
I would normally agree 100%, however in the context of the full information on the government website, it would make a nonsense of the point if transit in/out of an airport were the only intention where it further states that arrivals by road and rail are not subject to the same measures, also stating that upon arrival UK persons are not required to self isolate... I cannot see in what context this would be relevant if the situation envisaged were just catching an onward flight... it is ambiguous.

John100156

Visit site
I do believe it is only ES Residents that can currently enter unless there are very special exceptions.

I had to visit ES 28 Dec, received negative C19 test results Boxing day and we had permission to transit France (FR) given by FR Ministry of Interior. It was checked at Eurotunnel, I had to show both the email from FRMoI and letter, stating why I was required to work in ES, on some high containment labs. Others whom are residents in ES said none of their docs were checked.

The FR/ES road border we just drove through as normal (albeit on 28 Dec we had not completely exited the EU), we were never stopped in ES, I returned to UK on 10 Jan., but wish I had stayed out there now....!

No idea when we shall get out again, not confident we will get a favorable result in Feb. review..!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
I do believe it is only ES Residents that can currently enter unless there are very special exceptions.

I had to visit ES 28 Dec, received negative C19 test results Boxing day and we had permission to transit France (FR) given by FR Ministry of Interior. It was checked at Eurotunnel, I had to show both the email from FRMoI and letter, stating why I was required to work in ES, on some high containment labs. Others whom are residents in ES said none of their docs were checked.

The FR/ES road border we just drove through as normal (albeit on 28 Dec we had not completely exited the EU), we were never stopped in ES, I returned to UK on 10 Jan., but wish I had stayed out there now....!

No idea when we shall get out again, not confident we will get a favorable result in Feb. review..!
I have to say I think your right, I can't see the situation improving in 10 days to suddenly throw open the borders. On both sides of the water cases are not that encouraging.

Hurricane

Visit site
Could be is not the same as is. With the situation changing almost daily around the world, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The only certainty is that getting to Spain from the UK is not possible for the next 10 days.
Agreed.
I think too many people are looking at this with "half empty glasses".
I was in Spain when it all "kicked off" last March.
I stayed there for 6 weeks before returning home.
I was able to get out to the boat twice more last summer.
Even managed a crossing to Mallorca and back.
Some of you need to think "my glass is half full".
Because Spain needs its tourists and I'm sure we will be all getting out there a lot sooner than those of you who are depressed about it all.

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
I don't believe yesterday's news story that Spain won't be open for tourists until after summer, that will kill the economy even more than it already is. I think we'll be stuck with the need for the PCR test outbound and inbound but the UK specific rule (which will be reviewed Feb 2nd) I hope will be dropped so we can travel with the same restrictions as the rest.... whenever that may be, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Agreed.
I think too many people are looking at this with "half empty glasses".
I was in Spain when it all "kicked off" last March.
I stayed there for 6 weeks before returning home.
I was able to get out to the boat twice more last summer.
Even managed a crossing to Mallorca and back.
Some of you need to think "my glass is half full".
Because Spain needs its tourists and I'm sure we will be all getting out there a lot sooner than those of you who are depressed about it all.
Certainly hope you are right on the ‘sooner’ bit-and I totally agree on the point about Spain and tourism...cannot imagine they can be serious about closing the doors until after the summer!!!

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Certainly hope you are right on the ‘sooner’ bit-and I totally agree on the point about Spain and tourism...cannot imagine they can be serious about closing the doors until after the summer!!!
At present in Palma they are predicting that 40% of bars/restaurants will not re-open again, if you make for sale/rent sign's your euros in.

John100156

Visit site
I am a glass half full person and managed to get out to my boat in ES several times last year, even in Oct and again in Dec.

I hope and believe for their economies sake, ES will instigate a controlled opening-up, but as in the UK, the balance between protecting the economy and protecting peoples lives, is not an easy decision to take. Lets hope mass vaccinations see an end to all this ASAP...!

dune16

www.noforeignland.com

I think as soon as Spain allow us to travel i am going. Haven't seen the boat since August and its been sailed by a crew back to France for repairs and back to Spain. Obviously i need to inspect the repairs and ensure the boat is secured. Our berth contract also comes to an end March 1st and we need to move it. I'm hoping this would be seen as a valid reason to travel....

Clancy Moped

Visit site
I think as soon as Spain allow us to travel i am going. Haven't seen the boat since August and its been sailed by a crew back to France for repairs and back to Spain. Obviously i need to inspect the repairs and ensure the boat is secured. Our berth contract also comes to an end March 1st and we need to move it. I'm hoping this would be seen as a valid reason to travel....
??

Hooligan

Visit site
Spain's UK travel ban extended to Feb 16th at the earliest. Could of been worse I guess...
Easy to ban UK residents now in February. Especially after Priti has now decided that we have to fill in forms for essential travel and prove it. I wonder if boating mainetenance fits the bill.......my guess is that this is more rubbish from an increasingly desperate clueless government. I am with Hurricane. Come June/July there should be enough people vaccinated and the money printing presses will have run out of ink. Without tourism the economy will be dead and people with no jobs or money eventually get upset. So get all the bad news out of the way now while it is cold and miserable and no one wants to travel anyway and then reality will change when spring comes. I would plan your trip this year...just stay for longer :)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Easy to ban UK residents now in February. Especially after Priti has now decided that we have to fill in forms for essential travel and prove it. I wonder if boating mainetenance fits the bill.......my guess is that this is more rubbish from an increasingly desperate clueless government. I am with Hurricane. Come June/July there should be enough people vaccinated and the money printing presses will have run out of ink. Without tourism the economy will be dead and people with no jobs or money eventually get upset. So get all the bad news out of the way now while it is cold and miserable and no one wants to travel anyway and then reality will change when spring comes. I would plan your trip this year...just stay for longer :)
But not more than 90 days..............