W
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• W
      William_H replied to the thread Brummel Splice in Laid Rope.
      I imagine the brummel splice in the centre of a line would have just one tuck through the standing part for each leg for a braided rope...
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread A wee picture from 32s.
      Funny you should ask. Actually we are all looking forward to winter. But due to global warming it seems like a long way off. 30 max...
    • W
      Last race for the season last Sunday. Little boat going well under very shy spinnaker. About 12kts of wind. 27 degrees. The other 3 in...
      • 14Mar20241.jpeg
    • W
      IMHO opinion whatever you have, I use axle grease. ol'will
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Should I - or not?.
      Looks fine to me. As you have intimated the weak link will be the reinforcing onto the deck. Large area perhaps carried down to the...
    • W
      The speaker will be described as a 4 ohm speaker. That is the impedance to AC. The DC resistance as measured by a multimeter will be...
    • W
      One of my each winter to do's is to loosen turn buckles and grease. Then return to original position. ol'will
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Removing paint..
      I would strongly recommend the OP leave water line too high or if he is really determined try just reducing it a little. A/f paints seem...
    • W
      Clearly OP has top tighten the turnbuckle to enable the locking split pin top be removed. He wants to save the stay with the swaged...
    • W
      OP is quiter right on a largish boat in cold water away from land. Overboard is death. Now my sailing is different. Water not cold. Boat...
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Wing keels - good or bad?.
      As I understand it the winged keel on Australia 2 was a way of beating the measurement of draft by giving more draft when heeled. Of...
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Life Jacket Lesson.
      The LJs I have dealt with mostly manual activation one auto. Have a schrader valve (car/bike tube like) molded into the bladder. The...
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Alternator tach wire W.
      It would appear the so called w terminal is now also known as secondary D+ . I hope this terminal will give you what you want for tach...
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Sludge or bug?.
      Yes well worth sucking out the bottom of the tank again. Water sludge or bug you want it out anyway. ol'will
    • W
      William_H replied to the thread Alternator tach wire W.
      The w terminal is usually connected to the centre of the 3 stator windings. Yes before they connect to 6 diodes to produce the DC we...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…