thinwater
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread Anchoring..
      Yup. I'm quite sure they knew it would no slow them measurably. A more likely hope was for a slight turn.
    • thinwater
      What with solar power so inexpensive, I have not plugged in at my home marina in 15 years. Sometimes, to run AC, but I then unplug. One...
    • thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread Anchoring..
      But I would not leap to simple engine failure as the sole cause. There were ship-wide power failures causing all of the lights to go...
      • 1711562541244.png
    • thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread Force 5 hp outboard.
      ^^ Yup, had the same problem. Worn needle in my case. Previously, different motor, I had a float that got heavy over time.
    • thinwater
      A low cost but high performing sealant in the US is Locktite PL-S40 and PL-S30. They are polyurethanes, much like Sika 291, but mildew a...
    • thinwater
      One way to avoid half-used tubes in the fridge is to use them around the house. Yes, perhaps they are a little pricy for the job, but...
    • thinwater
      What are the drawbacks of silicon for glazing? And not the "nothing sticks to silicone" stuff, because properly removed, it is nonsense...
    • thinwater
      Correct. I looked at the OD. Yes, if you are doing it for voltage drop, not max amps, no problem.
    • thinwater
      At least in the US, the electrical code says parallel feeds are not allowed smaller than 1/0 AWG, which is about 100 mm2. Another...
    • thinwater
      If the seacock is leaking, that probably means it is moving. I would guess that ... It was never tightened down properly, or The wood...
    • thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread Anchor woes.
      Nobody every takes the Fortress off the chain, and Fortress anchors are common as pigeons here. It will do not harm to leave it...
    • thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread outboard decals repacements.
      Or just peel off the remnants. I don't need to advertise for Merc.
    • thinwater
      thinwater reacted to Seastoke's post in the thread outboard decals repacements with Like Like.
      Don’t do it th more shit the out board looks less likely to be stolen
    • thinwater
      You can secure fabric covers using SNADs without drilling. They are surprisingly good, for something light duty like covers. I keep my...
    • thinwater
      thinwater replied to the thread Rope clamps.
      This is what was actually posted about splicing the torsion rope by Kohlhoff. I'm not sayin' I understand it, but it is not just glue. I...
      • 1710363226533.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…