Stemar
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread Where was I today?.
      Oh, I'm not sitting around waiting for the numbers. We already have a boat we can almost afford and lots of plans for this year to make...
    • Stemar
      Yes, but the need is also to provide continued protection, for which WD40 is basically useless
    • Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread Bramble Bank.
      My first thought was to wonder what you were doing that far north on your way to Gosport, but I remembered the time our engine decided...
    • Stemar
      Stemar reacted to Bouba's post in the thread Where was I today? with Like Like.
      Probability is the enemy of the gambler but a lottery ticket is a way out of reality into a dreamworld of what could be…and it’s cheap...
    • Stemar
      Stemar reacted to penfold's post in the thread Cutting G70 chain with Like Like.
      Multitool may do it but from experience you'll die of old age before it cuts through.
    • Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread cleaning fenders.
      That might rub her up the wrong way
    • Stemar
      I wouldn't use WD40, I'd use ACF50, as it leaves a protective coating when it dries.
    • Stemar
      Of course, the Proper Way To Do It is to get a length of tube, carefully shape the bottom so it stands vertically and epoxy it in place...
    • Stemar
      IIRC, this is a serious issue with the Rance.
    • Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread Bramble Bank.
      I'm not sure if a fin is any better. I once watched a yacht that got it wrong going past Ryde sands. They were laying right over on...
    • Stemar
      I subscribe to the idea that the lottery is a tax on people who don't understand probability, but I do occasionally get tempted by a...
    • Stemar
      Bugger the neighbours, it's the eye bleach for my eyes I'd be worried about. Anyway, while my silly lottery win boat would be a mobo...
    • Stemar
      Stemar reacted to trevbouy's post in the thread Is it the batteries? with Like Like.
      First step, go through all the terminals especially the battery and check them for corrosion.
    • Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread How long do latex gloves last?.
      Another vote for nitrile gloves. I have some that must be 7 years old now, and they don't seem any worse than when they were new. The...
    • Stemar
      Stemar replied to the thread Battery. One dead 2 good..
      How they're connected could have something to do with it. If the batteries are daisychained with the + & - terminals coming off the same...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…