Roberto
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Roberto
      Roberto reacted to Fr J Hackett's post in the thread Fastest Manual Dinghy Pump. with Like Like.
      The one with a man wanting to get to the pub with only 15 minutes to closing time.
    • Roberto
      Roberto reacted to zoidberg's post in the thread Anchor woes with Haha Haha.
      Was it then she learned some untranslatable colloquialisms....?
    • Roberto
      Roberto reacted to Poignard's post in the thread Marina Cleats and shackles? with Like Like.
    • Roberto
      Roberto replied to the thread Anchor woes.
      Kids may be worse than useless. I once was retrieving the stern anchor by hand, I slipped in the water and managed to grab the stern...
    • Roberto
      Hello Frank, see: Wetter und Klima - Deutscher Wetterdienst - Informationstechnik - Sendeplan Seefax They also send a nice and...
      • Screenshot_20240315-182540.png
    • Roberto
      Roberto reacted to srm's post in the thread Rope clamps with Like Like.
      How about taking your rope and eyes to a fishermen's chandler that makes up commercial trawl gear etc. and ask them to make Talurit...
    • Roberto
      Roberto replied to the thread Rope clamps.
      Just tried with a piece of line I had at home, 2x8mm rope total 1sqcm can be easily compressed to about 0.7sqcm, I reckon more with...
      • Eye (2).jpg
      • Eye.jpg
      • Eye (1).jpg
    • Roberto
      Roberto reacted to andsarkit's post in the thread Rope clamps with Like Like.
      You could probably attack the sides of the cone with a triangular file to add some grooves or even make it more a pyramid square shape...
    • Roberto
      Probably for the spinnaker guy blocks.
    • Roberto
      Not sure about critical applications but you might try this sort of device The original idea (I think) is this "Clamptite" from the US...
      • clamptite.jpg
    • Roberto
      How much torque could those fitting transfer, before the metal body slips against the internal rope/resin? I have only seen such...
    • Roberto
      Roberto replied to the thread Mold.
      I once had to leave my boat during the rainy season, I put 2/3 basins filled with bleach in the galley/saloon/forward cabin, when I came...
    • Roberto
      This is what I use. The block sending the sheets coming out of the car to their winches is exactly aligned with the track, so the...
    • Roberto
      I have Dri-plug everywhere (anchor light included :) ), never had to change one in almost 20y as boat owner. Unfortunately they seem to...
    • Roberto
      Roberto replied to the thread The Church of Double Clipping.
      Double sided adhesive and on the other side big letters saying seacocks are open so one does not forget to close them :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…