N
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• N
      neil_s replied to the thread Seal 28.
      Yes - a fixed fin was available. I think a 1982 boat would also be a Mk 2. My boat was built in 1977. I also got the designer's name...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Seal 28.
      I have No 27. Have owned her for 21 years! She was bought as they seemed like a good family boat but family is no longer interested so I...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread VDO MECHANICAL SUMLOG.
      Seems to be the same for all the through-the-bottom type logs. Maybe NASA's new ultrasound log? I've gone back to a Stowe towed log.
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Bypassing lift pump.
      I modified the Lister 15hp diesel I had in an earlier boat by fitting a lift pump and relocating the fuel tank below the cockpit locker...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Marine Ply Bonding.
      I have been using West epoxy resin, colloidal silica filler and woven bandage to make repairs to my own boat. It bonds very well to...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Day Sailing.
      Also pretty good for sitting in the sun, and drinking tea!
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Day Sailing.
      70 year old day sailer, here. I also seem to do more boat handling now - close quarters sailing in the harbour, spinnakering on my own...
    • N
      For laying up, I run fresh water through my Bukh and then drain it. I do this by connecting the coolant pump to the galley water faucet...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Does the survey go with the boat..
      The survey is of the boat in question - but one of the first paragraphs in the report should tell you the parameters under which it was...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Lift keel..
      I wouldn't say this is difficult to do, but substantial lumps of cast iron are involved and you are tampering with the stuff that keeps...
    • N
      Hypothetically - If one of your 70mm2 wires was damaged, broken or simply suffered corrosion in its terminals, your appliance might well...
    • N
      I had my Tamaya posted to me - the sender filled the case around the sextant with foam plastic and then provided a cardboard box with...
    • N
      It's a magnet - so very important! It can get rusty so a gentle clean and a coat of paint will help. The magnetic field is detected by...
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread I've got gunk in my hole.
      Spotted an old Stowe trailed log on e-bay - works a treat, very accurate and has a lovely analogue speedo.
    • N
      neil_s replied to the thread Engine mounts.
      My Bukh is currently sitting on AV mounts - identical to the Bukh parts.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…