H
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• H
      Hacker reacted to nestawayboats's post in the thread New ePropulsion eLite? with Like Like.
      Just to be clear, amongst other things, we (Nestaway Boats) sell ePropulsion, Torqeedo, TEMO and ThrustMe electric outboards. Anyway...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread First Chartplotter.
      @PaulRainbow whats the practical difference between the EchoMap and the GPSMap?
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Sailing boat to rent in Cornwall.
      Ask @jwilson if his boat in Falmouth is available
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Arcona 460 sinks.
      Fothering was (and possibly still is) a standard damage control practice in the RN. I’ve never done it in practice (either from my...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Arcona 460 sinks.
      You could attempt to fother it by attaching ropes to each corner of a sheet/duvet and pulling it under water to seal the opening. It...
    • H
      Personally I would fix with epoxy/thickened epoxy having wiped the surfaces down with acetone. When clamped you should get squeeze out...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Scapa Tape - Window Sealing.
      Butyl tape. Put a bead around the frame and a small piece under the crew heads. Never sets and any squeeze out can be trimmed.
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Marine Ply Bonding.
      But if the original layup was epoxy then polyester has poor chemical bond characteristics. Usually easier to use epoxy as that bond to...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Marine Ply Bonding.
      What is the replacement ply for? If it’s just a pad on the inside of the boat (to screw something to) then an adhesive such as Sika 291...
    • H
      If you align the grain (as you always should) then a circular repair is no more obvious than any other shape.
    • H
      It’s another way but not necessarily the easiest. I teach wooden boat restoration and we teach all those, if I need to be quick (and...
    • H
      Whilst that is the traditional method; the easy way is to get a Forstner bit and a plug cutter/ hole saw that match exactly. Saves a lot...
    • H
      If you are sanding the top then save the sawdust and mix it with glue. You could experiment with using superglue added to sawdust that...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Cornish Crabbers going bump?.
      If you had you would be aware of the internal mouldings. Having owned a Crabber 26 I can attest to the build quality (including...
    • H
      Hacker replied to the thread Cornish Crabbers going bump?.
      Have you been in one?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…