G
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• G
      GHA replied to the thread Beta Marine alternators.
      Nope. It's how batteries work. Very little difference to the alternator anyway, just be a bit of voltage drop down the cable which will...
    • G
      GHA replied to the thread Beta Marine alternators.
      That's what happens with lead acid. they'll take a load of current up to maybe 80% SOC or more depending on how much is going in then...
    • G
      GHA replied to the thread Aldi Lithium Batteries.
      Basic thing with lifepo4 is don't go too high or too low with the voltage. The BMS management should disconnect the battery if it does...
    • G
      GHA replied to the thread 304Ah LifePO Update - Year 2.
      I fiddled for ages to try & get the smartshunt as close to reading accurately each cycle without resetting soc & left it a tiny bit...
    • G
      GHA reacted to vas's post in the thread 304Ah LifePO Update - Year 2 with Like Like.
      in the above graph you see all 8 cell values and you may ignore the top two lines (yellowish and green) which are the shunt and bank...
    • G
      Yep, short timescale & a load of noise from solar & looks like laptop was on. It's the start of the knee for sure, just stops earlier...
      • 1711058917342.png
    • G
      That's a very fat line 😁 Mine hit the knee at a fraction under 13.6v, day after day. 3.4v per cell. Max about 15A solar into 300Ah...
      • 1711051687575.png
    • G
      Ended up getting a bit complex, basically 4 op amps measure the voltage of each cell based on something like this -- Then a little...
      • 1711050598829.png
      • 1711050924812.png
    • G
      Personally if you are looking a plotted cell data then your call really. I really think we are fooling ourselves if we think we can...
      • 1711044322694.png
      • 1711044399539.png
    • G
      Agree, the offgrid garage data shows this. Thus the thought above that so many people desperate to stay up there to balance every day...
    • G
      GHA reacted to geem's post in the thread 304Ah LifePO Update - Year 2 with Like Like.
      I don't think true 100% is that important. The difference in charge as soon as you climb the knuckle part of the curve is small. Stress...
    • G
      What did the published papers take as 100% charged though? Datasheet for mine says "0.5 C constant current charge to 3.65 V for cell...
    • G
      What's fully charged though? And how much difference does "almost" make to lifespan? Offgrid garage has loads of test data, I go up...
      • 1710955904804.png
      • 1710956195608.png
    • G
      I don't see any problem going a bit big. As you say the money isn't that great and we're in unknown territory regarding lifespan, could...
    • G
      GHA reacted to gregcope's post in the thread 304Ah LifePO Update - Year 2 with Like Like.
      Hi All, Thought I would give an update on year two of my DIY 304Ah Build. Some data; Some observations; Battery One is 316Ah...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…