franksingleton
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• franksingleton
      As a visitor to St PP, I use Victoria marina. I am using Giffgaff. I used to use Three. Neither work for a visitor to Guernsey or...
    • franksingleton
      We found StPP marina WiFi useless last year. Previously, it was OK, Has it improved?
    • franksingleton
      franksingleton replied to the thread Which weather app?.
      Yes. In the Foehn effect the rising air, once it has reached the condensation level, cools at the wet adiabatic rate. When the air...
    • franksingleton
      I am not doubting that it happened. I am saying that any meteorologist would query the calibration. Your values recorded locally do...
    • franksingleton
      I will start with what you may think an insult. Are your temperature readings correct? The SST in the area is about 20degC. What sea...
    • franksingleton
      franksingleton replied to the thread Arcachon basin closed.
      Very sad. We visited several times. The semaphore station was always helpful. We always enjoyed Arcachon.
    • franksingleton
      A former colleague referred to these wind data being the “gold standard”. Amazingly, to me at least, the data are derive from the...
    • franksingleton
      I doubt it but there is enough inter-disciplinary contact for decisions to be made about computer grids.
    • franksingleton
      Re #28/29 I am still confused about CAM/CPMs cf non-hydrostatic. The latter term means that they solve the equations of motion in the...
    • franksingleton
      I really do not know the answer. DWD uses its icosahedral grid but, to the best of my knowledge ECMWF, UK, GFS all use lat/lon grids...
    • franksingleton
      To be able to predict weather somewhere, you have to be able to predict everywhere. You cannot have a rectangular grid to cover the...
    • franksingleton
      I do not know how they generate those winds. Looking at the HARMONIE modrl, they do not show..
    • franksingleton
      Global NWP models around the turn of the century used to run on grids of around 50km. That is far larger than the scale of convection...
    • franksingleton
      I have never heard the term CPM. The usual term in modelling is Non-hydrostatic for models that can calculate convective processes...
    • franksingleton
      Another GFS presentation. None the worse for that, of course.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…