doris
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• doris
      doris reacted to Chiara’s slave's post in the thread JPK 39FC with Like Like.
      Dinghies have no pretensions to be self righting though.
    • doris
      doris reacted to RobbieW's post in the thread JPK 39FC with Like Like.
      It's a while since I sailed dinghies. In those it was normal to sail upwind with the centre board down and downwind with it up
    • doris
      doris replied to the thread JPK 39FC.
      According to the gospel of JPK the lifting keel Is purely for shallow berthing. Sails should not be used with the keel up and it is not...
    • doris
      NO
    • doris
      I'm waiting for JPK to give me a quote for a JetThruster but may simply use a couple of big fenders! The boat is due to be built at the...
    • doris
      doris reacted to Baggywrinkle's post in the thread single/short handed cruising with Like Like.
      With the budget you have, then the boats you are looking at make a huge amount of sense, and they are also what you are used to, so also...
    • doris
      doris reacted to Concerto's post in the thread single/short handed cruising with Like Like.
      I can certainly recommend a Fulmar. I sail singlehanded and in 2022 I sailed round Britain via the top of Shetland. Have a look at my...
    • doris
      doris reacted to Daydream believer's post in the thread single/short handed cruising with Like Like.
      The Fulmar fits the bill in all ways. Price , availability, fin or bilge, performance, space, spares etc Cannot really beat it,
    • doris
      doris reacted to Chiara’s slave's post in the thread JPK 39FC with Like Like.
      Does the boat require that? We have a fractional 65m asymmetric, plane at 10kn of wind, and are scared shitless by it at 15kn. If we’re...
    • doris
      doris reacted to r_h's post in the thread JPK 39FC with Like Like.
      Brilliant - I sailed the prototype for a Yachting World test - still reckon it's one of the two best boats I've tested in the last five...
    • doris
      doris reacted to flaming's post in the thread JPK 39FC with Like Like.
      Definitely don't skimp on the kite. A smaller code type fractional would be a good addition, but I think you'd regret not having a big...
    • doris
      I’m not aware of thr make but the drop down mechanism is considered unreliable. I currently have a tunnel thruster,👍👍, but have had...
    • doris
      That is my biggest decision still to be made. It will be three beds. No bow thruster, the mechanisn is too unreliable but might go with...
    • doris
      Didn't go for a sail, it was blowing 50 kts! But did have a serious look at how they build and the whole operation. Have also had words...
    • doris
      Indeed. Have already had long chats with Jean Pierre and Jean Baptiste. I'm getting there. Will be backout at the factory soon.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…