davierobb
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• davierobb
      davierobb reacted to PaulRainbow's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      Which model of Merry Fisher, sounds like it could be an 805. The anode on the prop protector is a total waste of time if that's the...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to Alex_Blackwood's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      davierobb said: There's a shaft, 1kg Hull and 1kg fitted to a mild steel frame that protects the prop and shaft from grounding. Only the...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to Alex_Blackwood's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      30Ma does seem high but the current will depend on the area being protected. i.e. It will take more to protect 2 square mtr. than 1. I...
    • davierobb
      davierobb replied to the thread Galvanic current.
      There's a shaft, 1kg Hull and 1kg fitted to a mild steel frame that protects the prop and shaft from grounding. Only the 1kg Hull anode...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to madabouttheboat's post in the thread Marina electricity costs? with Like Like.
      I believe that marinas are not allowed to mark up teh unit rate, but they can add a 'service' or 'supply' charge. Businesses usually pay...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to wingcommander's post in the thread Marina electricity costs? with Like Like.
      I was under the impression that no mark-up is allowed at marinas also. Does the marina tariff show what they pay ...
    • davierobb
      My own boat is 10ma. We also disconnected both batteries on friends boat and there was no change, anode current remained consistently...
    • davierobb
      VicS, your comment about 30ma draw resulting in the loss of 0.3kg of anode was something I hadn't thought of. I found some other...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to rogerthebodger's post in the thread Swinging mooring over winter with Like Like.
      I agree with that . I keep my boat afloat all year although not an a swing mooring. have solar panels keeping my domestic and engine...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to NormanS's post in the thread Swinging mooring over winter with Like Like.
      Instead of running the engine once a month to charge the batteries, consider installing a modest solar panel, with suitable regulator...
    • davierobb
      It is in a marina but Shore Power is never left connected when boat left unattended.
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to PaulRainbow's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      But post #5 says "the boat is never left with shorepower attached"
    • davierobb
      Apologies, I missed some very pertinent info, the boat is never left with shorepower attached and batteries are always isolated before...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to Tranona's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      This sounds very odd. What sort of boat is it? If it is GRP then the need for anodes and any form of "bonding circuit" is very limited...
    • davierobb
      davierobb reacted to VicS's post in the thread Galvanic current with Like Like.
      The loss of anode and retaining bolt would lead me to suspect an electrical fault causing electrolysis, especially if this occurred in a...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…