DanTribe
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Burnham tides.
      Thanks, I'll just go for it. The kids will probably be on their phones anyway and won't notice if we run aground.
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Burnham tides.
      I don't know how to show the graph on here so I will try to describe it. It shows normal HW at 10.40, 4.4m, then LW predicted at 16.43...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe posted the thread Burnham tides in East Coast Forum.
      I've been using a tidal app by David Easton. Generally accurate and easy to use. It shows a weird double low water for Burnham on Crouch...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread A wee picture from 32s.
      So winter is when the temperature drops to 18 degrees? That would be a nice summer day here in UK. Your boat looks like great fun.
    • DanTribe
      I wish you a speedy recovery. Not sure if we are heading to Netherlands this year.
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread A wee picture from 32s.
      My UFO 31 has a jockey pole to improve the lead of the guy, never bothered with it though. It's a tough life you lead. Do you actually...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe reacted to Wansworth's post in the thread Mingming man with Like Like.
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Car top boat.
      The Heron was originally marketted as the YW Cartopper and you could buy proprietory sliding roof racks that did just that. Much more...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Bidet on a boat ?.
      That would clear your earwax at the same time.
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Fenders and clove hitches.
      I was leaving Goes in Holland and noticed a yacht ahead attempting and failing to retrieve a newish large drifting fender. I managed to...
    • DanTribe
      I take junior dinghy sailors from our club to give them experience of cruiser racing. They can usually quickly master the rolling hitch...
    • DanTribe
      My personal preference is for a rolling hitch. Never lost a fender but have gained other people's.
    • DanTribe
      So if I have this correct, I have to check my crew's passport or travel document to ensure it's valid and current and check if they need...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Day Sailing.
      The phrase " day sailing" can be open to interpretation. My insurance renewal had an exclusion for " no single handed sailing." I phoned...
    • DanTribe
      DanTribe replied to the thread Day Sailing.
      It's a phenomena I've noted. Young people do adventurous trips in small cheap boats. As they become more affluent their boats get...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…