Chris_Robb
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• Chris_Robb
      Ha has - its a shipping Law that requires you to check in and out - namely law 4256...... though that refers to a previous law ...
    • Chris_Robb
      Any Vat Goods (a yacht) leaving the EU Waters will automatically loose its Vat status when it leaves EU Waters. However the Vat status...
    • Chris_Robb
      Chris_Robb replied to the thread Fire Extinguisher.
      The latest auto systems shut the engines down first - and if you use powder on a hot running engine you have to be nuts or very wealthy...
    • Chris_Robb
      Chris_Robb replied to the thread Fire Extinguisher.
      Not keen on Powder or CO2. Powder because of the utter mess produced, you could damage engine parts like alternators if hot. If...
    • Chris_Robb
      Chris_Robb replied to the thread FYI for Greece Cruising.
      greek stupidity.... you should check if a company owned the vessel at any time, that could point to a private charter use. Otherwise...
    • Chris_Robb
      1. No 2. I think the user and owner can be updated. The early ones were possibly not recorded on the computer, but they certainly...
    • Chris_Robb
      The aim now is to get the Minister of shipping to remove the requirement for the UTL to be issued to Vat paid yachts. The Ministry of...
    • Chris_Robb
      Steve, I presume you got hold of a Transit Log, unlimited or Ltd? All transit logs were registered on computer.Until they have you in...
    • Chris_Robb
      This is a very good plan. You will learn how to sail, and whether you like it or not. 38 to 40 foot ideal. When you come to set off...
    • Chris_Robb
      The Lagoons in particular are subject to structural problems, which with the wringing stresses on a Catermaran on an ocean crossing are...
    • Chris_Robb
      basically - just dont go to ask customs or Port Police at all - you just dont need to have any contact.
    • Chris_Robb
      Preveza is a safe place - if you get pressurised only talk to Stavris Pavlides (a senior customs officer)- he is quite clear on this...
    • Chris_Robb
      Absolutely Not. Where are you based?
    • Chris_Robb
      I am now boatless, have retired from the Cruising Association, and have trained a successor.... its not easy to get into thus as the...
    • Chris_Robb
      I agree, but most of what other departments are doing are screwed up by the AADE an unaccountable body run effectively by the Troika...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…