zoidberg
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Free stuff......
      Thank you - and do enjoy Dufouring around the islands.
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Free stuff......
      I'm just 3 miles from Bath and could certainly use some of the stuff. And perhaps the Barton kit.... No, not 'perhaps'. I've measured...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Backing pads.
      I'm tempted to mention 'the camel - a horse designed by a committee' but that would be unkind discourteous. I LIKE asking questions on...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Backing pads.
      Lots of good points above - which is what I'd hoped for. Now, 'metal primer'. Interesting, as I have some left in two pots. What...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to srm's post in the thread Backing pads with Like Like.
      I used to use alloy bar, around 30mm x 3mm (or whatever the local engineers have in stock) as easy to cut/drill and would not compress...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to thinwater's post in the thread Backing pads with Like Like.
      I'd go with 10-12 mm structural fiberglass plate is all that is required. If I really wanted it strong, I would mount the plates with...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to boomerangben's post in the thread Backing pads with Like Like.
      It all depends on the over all geometry of the cleat, height above deck etc. for perspective, using the weakest A2/A4 grade steel for...
    • zoidberg
      I've removed a pair of 'OK' foredeck cleats - close to toerails about 3 m. from bow - and will mount a pair of 'much heftier' 300mm...
    • zoidberg
      Huge waves filmed by cruise ship passenger Biscay, from a Saga cruiseship, recently. A reminder, perhaps, to repack the JSD....
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to lusitano's post in the thread Small is …..errr cheaper with Like Like.
      Found myself in a similar situation and really felt insecure being boatless. Found this little gem in Freisland and ;ooking forward to...
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Mingming man.
      Intriguing. I'll be more than a little interested to see what MingMing III turns out to be.
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg replied to the thread Small is …..errr cheaper.
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to Baggywrinkle's post in the thread Small is …..errr cheaper with Like Like.
      Oh for heavens sake, get on with it!! 🤣🤣🤣 .... better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't ;)
    • zoidberg
      zoidberg reacted to srm's post in the thread Small is …..errr cheaper with Like Like.
      Am in a similar position as sold my ocean capable boat a month or so ago after finishing chemo and accepting that I would not use her...
    • zoidberg
      I'm fitting much stronger anchor/mooring posts, removing the one centreline 'samson post' ( for several reasons ) and looking to mount...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…