Mobile Internet provider? Portishead marina

rgsmg53

Visit site
I've never had a problem with Vodafone but then I don't tend to use it for streaming movies etc when I'm aboard. Ordinary internet access is OK though.

If you're a berth holder, can't you access the Marina's own WiFi? Not tried it myself for a couple of years but it was OK last time I used it and my next door neighbour used it throughout lockdown on her live aboard.

Sorry, just realised I didn't read your post properly - you've already tried the Wi Fi! If it's a poor signal, why don't you have a word with the office? They might be able to improve it for you.

SoulFireMage

richardgriffiths.azurewebsites.net
I've never had a problem with Vodafone but then I don't tend to use it for streaming movies etc when I'm aboard. Ordinary internet access is OK though.

If you're a berth holder, can't you access the Marina's own WiFi? Not tried it myself for a couple of years but it was OK last time I used it and my next door neighbour used it throughout lockdown on her live aboard.

Sorry, just realised I didn't read your post properly - you've already tried the Wi Fi! If it's a poor signal, why don't you have a word with the office? They might be able to improve it for you.

I'll try them when I'm down this Thursday. I was just surprised it was mostly unusable at our berth.

Basic slowish Internet we can get on O2. Not sure why such a popular area hasn't got better 5g cover by now. Oh well, thank you for answering :)

rgsmg53

Visit site
Have a look to see if you can spot a WiFi aerial. From memory, I think they're a flat aerial mounted on a post just above head height. If you're on G pontoon I'd have thought you were nicely in the middle of at least a couple but I may be being over-optimistic!