Just pictures

Visit site
Oh... so I wasn't actually that close, although I got the country right, and even (sort of) the area..... Maybe I only get a virtual galass of water for that one!!?

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Busy off the Royal Harwich this afternoonView attachment 126303

I always like to see the “Suntis”. If a ship is very well maintained we say that she is “kept up like a yacht”. Well, it would be good if most yachts were kept up like the “Suntis”. She is thirty five years old, and still looks like new.

Aquaboy

Visit site
She needs a scrub around the waterline.
Both ships are regular visitors, bet they wouldn't have chosen that spot to pass on a summer Sunday......Suntis.PNG

michael_w

Visit site
Suntis has a regular run from southern Sweden to the Ipswich wet dock. Practice makes perfect when squeezing through the lock. No problem passing on the river without those pesky WAFIs getting in the way.

Frayed Knot

Visit site
Here are a few classics laid up this winter at yards between Wilford Bridge and Woodbridge, including some with very local connections:
Did you notice “Barnacle Bill” as you passed Melton? You may remember her/him sitting more or less abandoned for years at Gt Wakering back in the eighties. Strange how a boat like that ends up in such backwaters again.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Proceed with care!
I once arrived at Kip marina on the Clyde after an 8 hour drive, only to find a) the pontoons had several inches of snow on them and b) a notice saying that access to the pontoons was prohibited because of the danger! Fortunately, the marina office realized my situation was a one-off, and I was allowed on the pontoons at my own risk. That was a quiet few days!