Neptune Boat Covers

syvictoria

Visit site
Hi. Has anyone here used Neptune Boat Covers at Walsham-Le-Willows, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk (Home | Neptune Boat Covers), please? Recommended or not?

I'm looking for someone to make a sprayhood and sail cover from pattern and came across them on eBay. They're more convenient for me than the seemingly well recommended Sabre Sails in Swansea as I can visit/drop off/collect in person. However, my Google research doesn't seem to show any mentions of Neptune on here which is somewhat surprising and disconcerting!

I also need a new frame (don't ask :cry:) and I'm not sure that this can easily be arranged by post, or even perhaps to pattern? ?

Boat is in NL. I've tried to purchase locally, sadly with no success, so buying to pattern it is...

TIA!

Tranona

Visit site
CJ are fine at their price point. They will probably be able to make the frame so that it can be transported easily. They once quoted me for a spray hood to go out to Greece with theframe hoops in 2 paarts so that it would fit as hold baggage.

Think you will have difficulty getting anybody to do the job remotely to replicate an existing design. However well worth talking to tecsew.com who use CAD and may be able to do something from dimensions and photos. Won't be cheap though, but the best quality.

Last edited:

syvictoria

Visit site
Not a great result from Sabre Sails so far. :( Emailed on the 23rd, again on 28th (just asking for confirmation of receipt of original email), left a telephone message on 29th, and telephone (land & mob) still going to messaging services today.

Hopefully they'll get back to me next week, but I was hoping to beat any 1st of the month price rises. Is that still a thing?

(Just noticed that the copyright on their website states © 2023 !!! A little ahead of themselves I think - or maybe a clever tactic for increased pricing! ;))

syvictoria

Visit site
Sorry for dredging up an old post but were you happy with your new sprayhood from Sabre Sails?

Yes, very. The fit/shape is great and the job completed on time and at the price quoted. There were a couple of nice to haves that it would have been nice to have been offered, but when it comes to value for money, I doubt Sabre Sails can be beaten. They made a sail cover to pattern for us too. I would certainty use Sabre Sails again.