Gillingham Marina for sale

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
It comes as part of the package with the workshop, besides that will also make money for the as well. Personally I think the new ownership is going to be good for Gillingham Marina.

agreed, i hope they all have job security and that theres improvements to the marina. The lock and the pillars on the berths are horrid.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
It comes as part of the package with the workshop, besides that will also make money for the as well. Personally I think the new ownership is going to be good for Gillingham Marina.
City Cruises vessels won't fit through the lock apart from random workboats, but I am glad the new owners have a local connection being licensed Watermen in general; that must be better than a faceless foreign property group who just want to build flats.
I lived on board in a mud berth down there for a while, apparently the mud basin is no longer in use?

oldgit

Visit site
City Cruises vessels won't fit through the lock apart from random workboats, but I am glad the new owners have a local connection being licensed Watermen in general; that must be better than a faceless foreign property group who just want to build flats.
I lived on board in a mud berth down there for a while, apparently the mud basin is no longer in use?

on my last visit the tidal bit still had boats in it.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
agreed, i hope they all have job security and that theres improvements to the marina. The lock and the pillars on the berths are horrid.
Probably one of the worst on the East Coast.
Perhaps the new owners will have a rethink. Shame if the drying part is no more. The staff in the marina have always been very nice.

oldgit

Visit site
They do use Cats as trip boats.
The Cats the " Uber" Clippers use can often be seen well aground on the spit outside the Dome opposite the mooring outside Bow Creek.
Assume for emergency removal of river detritous from props ?
Invicta Marine in the Dockyard had a corner of their workshop with nice selection of well mangled Clipper props not that long ago awaiting repair.

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
i was considering joining Gillingham marina before Chatham, but the day i brought my boat put me off, and they never told me if i actually had a permanent beth avaialble still. So a lack of communication, the horrid lock and posts on the pontons put me off. If Chatham works out much too costly I will then give Gillingham a go.

RivalRedwing

Visit site
Gillingham is ok, you just need a berthing 'plan' before leaving the lock.
I can't see Clippers making the turns in the locked basin (or even getting in the lock!) which in turn might indicate a 'remodelling' of the tidal basin will be on the agenda

Daydream believer

Visit site
The history around the Medway area is as good as it gets on the East Coast not far behind the London River. Enjoy every visit in the Summer and always manage to find something new.
Yes! i agree.-- Like another heap of gravel. Another rotten jetty collapsing. Another rotten barge moored in the river. Tanker moored to a jetty. ( exciting) Sunlight on a bridge to nowhere. A view of a distant power station. A view across some marshlands ( If the tide is in high enough to see over the mud banks) Then some nice houses on the river bank & finally an overpriced marina where the harbour master will turn a visitor away, saying there is no room at the inn, presumably because he is too lazy to operate the lock --even though he has up to 10% empty berths
Lovely :rolleyes:
Still ---it is better than Southwold ;)

RivalRedwing

Visit site
Yes! i agree.-- Like another heap of gravel. Another rotten jetty collapsing. Another rotten barge moored in the river. Tanker moored to a jetty. ( exciting) Sunlight on a bridge to nowhere. A view of a distant power station. A view across some marshlands ( If the tide is in high enough to see over the mud banks) Then some nice houses on the river bank & finally an overpriced marina where the harbour master will turn a visitor away, saying there is no room at the inn, presumably because he is too lazy to operate the lock --even though he has up to 10% empty berths
We are full of the joys of Autumn today ? :)

Concerto

Visit site
Can certainly tell you have not been in the Medway for some years as there are no power stations now, as the last one was demolished in March 2018.

Have to admit the River Blackwater is far more boring with virtually nothing to look at by comparison. Also the Medway has a number of good (if expensive) marinas, which do seem to be your choice of destination rather than a mooring buoy in Cookham Reach which is beautifully tree line on the northern shore.