Sailing in Greece

wwalsh

Visit site
Last edited:

wwalsh

Visit site
From 16 JUL mandatory self test within 24hours for boarding aircraft and ferries from the islands back to the greek mainland https://self-testing.gov.gr/covid19-self-test-print.pdf
Along with all the usual also accepted lab tests and certification noted in my previous post. Also the checking is now by the port police at the ports not by the ferry crew.

Also required self test for ferry routes Perama-Paloukia (Salamina), Perama Megaridos-Faneromeni (Salamina), Rio-Antirrio; on the ferry connections from the mainland to Evia; and on the ferry lines Poros-Galata (Trizinia), Pounta-Elafonisos (Lakonia), Tripiti-Ammouliani (Halkidiki).

alexsailor

Visit site
We sailed from Croatia to Greece last week. And I can say everything is relaxed here (Corfu, Paxoi…). No fuss about the masks… Just a lovely greek summer. If I would have the strenght to turn down internet, I wouldn’t know there is a “pandemic”. Have a beer, grilled octopuss and enjoy summer. We’ll be sailing here till end of August. Avoid me, I am not vaccinated:ROFLMAO:

wwalsh

Visit site
Starting already restrictions in mykonos due to high increase covids (curfew 01:00-06:00, ban on music 24 hours). Other places with high increase under surveillance Rethymno, Heraklion, Santorini, Paros, Ios).
I was in karystos and it was quiet so nice.

nortada

Visit site
We sailed from Croatia to Greece last week. And I can say everything is relaxed here (Corfu, Paxoi…). No fuss about the masks… Just a lovely greek summer. If I would have the strenght to turn down internet, I wouldn’t know there is a “pandemic”. Have a beer, grilled octopuss and enjoy summer. We’ll be sailing here till end of August. Avoid me, I am not vaccinated:ROFLMAO:

Will you be flying the fever flag?

Potted Heid

Visit site
Four of us have a charter booked from Kiriacoulis in Lefkas on 19 Sep. Pushed it back from our 2020 booking. We are all double vaccinated. Was planning on a spin around the Ionian for a week. Does anyone who is over there see any impediment to that happening, presuming the flights don't get cancelled?

Gixer

Visit site
Four of us have a charter booked from Kiriacoulis in Lefkas on 19 Sep. Pushed it back from our 2020 booking. We are all double vaccinated. Was planning on a spin around the Ionian for a week. Does anyone who is over there see any impediment to that happening, presuming the flights don't get cancelled?

I'm off on a flotilla to Paxos on the 22nd August. The wife and I are double vaccinated (certificate on its way) and my 13 year old will do the tests before leaving. I think thats it. As far as I know all the ports around that way are open and waiting for tourist €€€.

I'll let you know if I run into difficulties :)

Potted Heid

Visit site
I'm off on a flotilla to Paxos on the 22nd August. The wife and I are double vaccinated (certificate on its way) and my 13 year old will do the tests before leaving. I think thats it. As far as I know all the ports around that way are open and waiting for tourist €€€.

I'll let you know if I run into difficulties :)
Cheers, Gixer, I appreciate that.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Yes, as far as buerocratic matters it's a country that like to say No
Tell me about it. I'm hoping to go to Greece in a few weeks and thought I might have time to sort out residence. I have an Irish passport and a friend with a UK passport told me that it was very quick when he did it in Preveza not so long ago. I had made notes last year, prepared the form and sorted out all the stuff I'd need. Then I did some digging to double check the latest situation.

1) He has a place in Preveza and offered use of his address.
Of course that won't work because I need documentation and don't pay bills etc. No problem, I'll just use the yard. However, that's in a different area and I can't use the local offices near Preveza. I will be driving to Vonitsa.

2) I now need to sort out fingerprints and photographs for the new bio-metric card
Someone in the yard applied using the yard's address and that is acceptable. However, I think that I need to apply in Vonitsa and wait for up to 30 days to get an appointment to be fingerprinted. The office for that procedure is about 55kms away and I must turn up on the date given and at the specified time. My wife's appointment is likely to be on a different day. Staff aren't allowed to take payment and we'll need to go through the usual process of making a payment somewhere else and returning with proof of payment. Not exactly certain at what point this happens in the process.

3) I believe that there are a few other steps and then I simply wait for the bio-metric card.
I've read that I need to keep checking a website to watch for an announcement that our cards are ready to collect. It appears that the site lists the dates and specific times for collection of cards, I just look for the case number I've been given. I must collect the card in person from another very remote office at the time specified. Pretty certain my wife's card won't be issued at the same time.

The old cards didn't expire but the new ones need to be replaced after 5 years. Oh joy.

I'm not going to bother this year but expect to spend a lot of time and money next year. My Swedish, Irish and German friends won't bother of course and nobody will dream of asking how long they've been in Greece. I'm an EU citizen and also wouldn't bother if travelling alone. Unfortunately, I have a UK registered boat and my wife has a UK passport. Pretty certain I have a big target painted on me for an official who gets out of bed on the wrong side one day. :D

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I am going through similar at the moment. I applied for a temp AMKA in February. for vaccination purposes, Was told end of May to apply again no reason given, waiting still but frustrated asked why, they said go and talk to an accountant.
Yesterday went to the Kep (a help desk in most large Greek towns) for help to be told the problem was someone at the tax office had spelled my father first name wrong by adding a extra letter. He's been dead for45 years.
Now told I need a lawyer to change the name to its correct spelling before being granted a vaccine....

Irish Rover

Visit site
I am going through similar at the moment. I applied for a temp AMKA in February. for vaccination purposes, Was told end of May to apply again no reason given, waiting still but frustrated asked why, they said go and talk to an accountant.
Yesterday went to the Kep (a help desk in most large Greek towns) for help to be told the problem was someone at the tax office had spelled my father first name wrong by adding a extra letter. He's been dead for45 years.
Now told I need a lawyer to change the name to its correct spelling before being granted a vaccine....
Tell me about it. I was asked for my mother's name when I first opened a bank account in Turkey and I gave her first name as I was told that's what they required. Later when I applied for residency I was asked for my mother's maiden name which I duly provided. I also provided my bank details. My residency application was refused because of the discrepancy between the application details and the bank details. The bank couldn't just change the details on their system and after lots of tooing and frooing the only solution was to close my bank account and open a new one. My parents are dead 40 years and I'm still being asked for their names when I try to do anything official here.

alexsailor

Visit site
After a month and a half in Greece it is time to head north to Adriatic.
It is a wonderful summer here. At least in the Ionian there were no fires to be seen. Hope the nature will get back in normal as fast as it can…

I am not vaccinated, I faced no restricitions… as a matter of a fact I almost forgot there is a virus around. There were times when I had to wear a mask but that did not happen many times. And specially not in places where we know the locals.

Hope to see Greece next year again as every summer for the last eleven years.

Enjoy life!

Dragon461

Visit site
Tell me about it. I was asked for my mother's name when I first opened a bank account in Turkey and I gave her first name as I was told that's what they required. Later when I applied for residency I was asked for my mother's maiden name which I duly provided. I also provided my bank details. My residency application was refused because of the discrepancy between the application details and the bank details. The bank couldn't just change the details on their system and after lots of tooing and frooing the only solution was to close my bank account and open a new one. My parents are dead 40 years and I'm still being asked for their names when I try to do anything official here.
Does being illegitimate prove to be a difficulty

Irish Rover

Visit site
RANT ALERT - Greece has opened up to Turks arriving by air or by road but are still not accepting ferries or private yachts arriving from Turkey - except yachts with professional crew only onboard and no passengers, owners etc. So if you're well heeled enough to have a professionally crewed boat you just drive or fly across to meet them in Greece. Meanwhile us owner crewed plebs are not welcome. Bloody nonsense. Rant prompted by seeing that a yacht belonging to the richest family in Turkey which I was anchored cose to 10 days ago is anchored off Agia Marina tonight.