Ship Happens

clyst

Visit site
It's all pretty rustic but they'll be afloat again before too long. The workers are tremendous but Ben & MP still grate on me.
I don't think Ben and MP know too much about boatbuilding but atleast they are not afraid to say so and let those who do get on with it unlike Ship ( doesn't ) happen who, although know bugge*r about boat building, won't even listen to those who do .

Wansworth

Visit site
They seem to have followers who know little about boats but are encouraging them on and it grates with ybw commentators who have probably been there and either done it or just in time decided it was not a good idea.I bought a wreak of a lifeboat conversion that within a few days I realized it was going to be impossible to make seaworthy without huge expenditure soI cut my losses and gave it away.Today I could probably make a saga for YouTube consumption

clyst

Visit site
What I like about this pair is how good they are at getting others to bail them out . They just slip in oh poor me I haven't got a hammer or wood for ribs oh and have you seen the price of boat nails and roves ? ...... Next week Amazon delivers a lorry load of goodies or a supply of wood and nails arrive . Notice the excitement in the matriarch when opening the "gifts" . I can't wait for the Xmas poor us no money for kids presents hint .? What I don't understand is why having attempted to fit one rib why they didn't carry on and fit more rather than change tack and start ing to prep the hull for painting .

Rappey

Visit site
What I don't understand is why having attempted to fit one rib why they didn't carry on and fit more rather than change tack and start ing to prep the hull for painting .
It's the way it goes with restoration projects, having many jobs on the go at once !

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
What I don't understand is why having attempted to fit one rib why they didn't carry on and fit more rather than change tack and start ing to prep the hull for painting .

What prep :) they sort of jet washed it at tap pressure with muddy sea water, then out came the ASDA wallpaper scrapers. After fitting one rib they found out what it really is like (bloody hard work) and even managed to cut it short and there are dozens to do
I had hoped things would get better but sadly if only they listened to people who really know about old boat renovation especially wooden ones they would learn so much and provide many more viewers but me thinks it will make a great Disney movie.

clyst

Visit site
s
I think due to shortages of materials they said they bought 3m lengths as the only one longer was the one they did.. and he did appear to know about sisters..
It's still an unnecessary bodge . If they couldn't get the correct length why couldn't they wait to source some good green oaks of sufficient length ......... It wasn't exactly a boat stopper .judging by the look of the timber they sourced it was short grained kilned dried,or atleast seasoned boards . Having been restoring wooden boats for some 50 years I tried to offer them some construct advice when they first started ........ Their response was that I was a "nay sayer" Utter fools .

clyst

Visit site
Bloody 'ell it looks as if they have Force 4 chandlery onboard now . The first tin of paint has arrived .?....... Many more to follow I guess?

clyst

Visit site
Paint scraping a 70ft boat with wall paper scrapers ? .... didn't see the owners doing much scraping though ..

clyst

Visit site
I see on their Facebook page they are now starting another YouTube site ......building an off grid container home ??.......... I quess it will be bye bye boat soon after all the Patreons have been suckered over onto the new "adventure" .

Wansworth

Visit site
I see on their Facebook page they are now starting another YouTube site ......building an off grid container home ??.......... I quess it will be bye bye boat soon after all the Patreons have been suckered over onto the new "adventure" .
That’s sounds much more doable with their skills and could be interesting

clyst

Visit site
That’s sounds much more doable with their skills and could be interesting
........but I think there will be a lot of peed off people around the world who gave them air time and donations to refurbish the hulk ....... they are in to deep to either slow down or turn their backs on the hulk and If they think they can do both youtubes they are stupider than I gave them credit for .

Rappey

Visit site
but I think there will be a lot of peed off people around the world who gave them air time and donations to refurbish the hulk
I agree with you on that. Why would you take on a winter project when we have great dry weather for fixing leaky boats ? :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The boat was her father's so I'm informed so can't see it being totally abandoned

clyst

Visit site
I agree with you on that. Why would you take on a winter project when we have great dry weather for fixing leaky boats ? :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The boat was her father's so I'm informed so can't see it being totally abandoned
If it was her father's then its a complete scam . If you read between the lines they have spent very little of their own money on the boat . I note they promoted the kiddy 's birthday well .

Other threads that may be of interest