Bringing dinghies ashore Bournemouth/Poole

blackbeard

Visit site
Thanks for replies, everyone.
Bournemouth beach - Seems that we shall have to look for black and white flags, or anchor close to beach and swim ashore ...

grumpy_o_g

Visit site
Thanks for replies, everyone.
Bournemouth beach - Seems that we shall have to look for black and white flags, or anchor close to beach and swim ashore ...
On the local radio news today it was reported that Marine Police had been involved because of Jet-ski's behaving dangerously close to swimmers. The rules for boats are apparently no landing or launcing from April to October. https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/AttractionsLeisure/BeachesandWaterfront/watercraft.aspx

Which I've just noticed Tlouth7 already posted...

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
Currently anchored at Shipstal. Took the dinghy ashore for a walk round. Chatted with an RSPB 'warden' who gave us a long talk about all the damage caused by dinghies landing on the highly sensitive beach. He had no idea what the damage was, to what or how it was caused. I wasn't going to argue with him so continued our walk.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Currently anchored at Shipstal. Took the dinghy ashore for a walk round. Chatted with an RSPB 'warden' who gave us a long talk about all the damage caused by dinghies landing on the highly sensitive beach. He had no idea what the damage was, to what or how it was caused. I wasn't going to argue with him so continued our walk.
That beach is marked as a footpath on the OS map!