Banned from landing in Scotland?

Seven Spades

Visit site
There is a strange story in the Mail today about a cruise ship being denied landing in Scotland because it is coming from England owning to “Covid regulations”. I have searched th Scottish government website and can see no restrictions at all other than for people in hotspots of the Indian variant,

Does anyone know of any regulations As far as I can tell there is going to be an Amanda of private yachts cruising Scotland this year.

Sturgeon's rules BAN cruise passengers disembarking in Scotland

ctva

Visit site
Jimmy flexing her muscles (rools don't matter)... :rolleyes:

Need to be aware on a boaty front for any of our English / Welsh / NI fellow countrymen (or women) coming up on a cruise. Just don't fly a saltire curtesy flag that gives it away that you're a covid carrying incomer...:ROFLMAO:

penfold

Visit site
If the Spanish had sent an Amanda against Drake history might have been very different.
There is a strange story in the Mail today about a cruise ship being denied landing in Scotland because it is coming from England owning to “Covid regulations”. I have searched th Scottish government website and can see no restrictions at all other than for people in hotspots of the Indian variant,

Does anyone know of any regulations As far as I can tell there is going to be an Amanda of private yachts cruising Scotland this year.

Sturgeon's rules BAN cruise passengers disembarking in Scotland

JumbleDuck

Visit site
If the Spanish had sent an Amanda against Drake history might have been very different.
2FA33195DACD41BCBFB1DEB0DDD41A91.jpg

Sandy

Visit site
Brilliant! A good move in my assessment.

I visited Skara Brae a few years ago. I commented that it was my second visit in 50 years and the tea rooms were a great improvement. The comment from the chap serving tea was, "try it on a cruise liner visit day you just can't move in here".

Now let me think. We are at the tail end of a pandemic in the UK and where are the hotspots in England? Yup, that's right the North West and somebody wants to land significant numbers of people from all over the UK who have travelled through the North West into small communities with extremely limited health care facilities. I am looking at with bigger picture before people say Greenock is not a small community. How does that make any sense?

As I keep being told a third of people with COVID have no symptoms.

WalterWall

Visit site
It's raining a thin mean drizzle - overcast to the point of misery - and the weather in Greenock is pretty much similar too.
So Scotland would not be displaying much of its legendary hospitality and attractions today.

On the contrary side, James Watt is clearing a berth for one of the super-super yachts, can't recall whose it is, to berth alongside
and I was chatting to a sail in from Whitehaven last evening, so it isn't a total ban.

Possibly Scot Gov are concerned about critical mass events, what with some gathering about football coming up next week in Glasgow - plague carrying passengers on cruise ships don't have the vote but the occupants of the 'fan zone' for Glasgow 2020 do. Not that these two facts are in any way connected.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Has the captain of the vessel asked them to state exactly what legislation says you cannot travel from England to Scotland on a boat? There are no restrictions on walking, cycling, driving, taking a train or whatever from England to Scotland so there must be some specific legislation saying you cannot make that journey by boat? I am sure all private sailors would like to know what that legislation says.

I suspect it does not exist and it needs someone with the clout and resources of a large cruise company to challenge it and then seek compensation when it was proved there was no such legislation.

ctva

Visit site
A cruise ship is akin to a petri dish - e.g. the way that the Novovirus and other bugs have transmitted onboard other ships. Pissing off a boatload of tourists is a small price to pay to be ultra-cautious.
Who were all vaccinated or tested? As opposed to the x thousand football fans gathering in Glasgow with no testing?

One smells a rat.

dunedin

Visit site

dimdav

Visit site
Who were all vaccinated or tested? As opposed to the x thousand football fans gathering in Glasgow with no testing?

One smells a rat.

No testing or need to prove vaccination or test to get into Hampden either. Its going to end badly on that front I fear. These UK only cruises seem like a good idea for the whole tourism industry even with the reduced numbers on board.

Still the good news for the passengers is they've been spared a driech day in greenock queuing at McDonalds in order to pass the time ?

penfold

Visit site
No testing or need to prove vaccination or test to get into Hampden either. Its going to end badly on that front I fear. These UK only cruises seem like a good idea for the whole tourism industry even with the reduced numbers on board.

Still the good news for the passengers is they've been spared a driech day in greenock queuing at McDonalds in order to pass the time ?
The traditional greeting in Greenock is to be huckled onto a Marbil coach and be driven to whatever tourist delight you opted for; Embra Castle, etc.