Police incident

Time Out

Visit site
No passage through Boulders and Cookham until further notice, Police incident

Body as reported on the news. Although sadly no surprise.

This sounds like it’s been there a while.

If today is anything to go by there will be plenty more before season gets going. Tedd / Richmond was crazy. I came in early. Can’t be dealing with it n

Chill

Visit site
Seems there were two incidents one at Boulters this morning and another ongoing at Bourne End. So sad for everyone involved

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Anyone on here caught up in the back log or delays? Appreciate the inconvenience is not off importance compared to what has happened but I’m interested to hear what it was like for the boaters. Was it chaotic or did everyone (boaters / EA) handle it well?
Cookham on Sunday was the busiest I have seen it for years

DWT

Visit site
Anyone on here caught up in the back log or delays? Appreciate the inconvenience is not off importance compared to what has happened but I’m interested to hear what it was like for the boaters. Was it chaotic or did everyone (boaters / EA) handle it well?
Cookham on Sunday was the busiest I have seen it for years
We went upstream this weekend and it didn’t feel too busy with no queues at the locks. Plenty of boats at the usual hotspots at pangbourne and goring. Beale park moorings back in use and plenty of boats there but no real problem getting a space.
There were quite a few paddle boards out and a few swimmers but nothing like the height of summer last year. I do hope it stays that way otherwise we’ll just get more of the tragic incidents referred to in this thread.

Time Out

Visit site
I can report that Tedd / Richmond was back to last years numbers re paddleboards and inflatable kyaks, in fact, I would say even more. The hire centres now do plastic kyaks as well as paddle boards. White Swan was RAMMED!

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
We moored at Windsor on Sunday night (30th) and a call from a boater at Cookham around 0915 alerted me to the river closure although at that time they only knew they could not return downriver as it was closed.
Police were called around 0730 but it was 1002 before an EA post on Twitter stating river closed between Boulders(sic) and Cookham due to police incident. No HM Notice was issued or any other info circulated as fast as I’m aware. We transited Boveney around noon and found huge congestion above lock with many boats waiting to get downstream. Lockie was doing a great job but single handed and no assistance. Lockie was informing boaters verbally that Boulters was closed. No lockside blackboard.
Boaters seemed to be understanding and patient.
Around 1945 I drove past Boulters and quite a few boats were still backed up waiting to transit downstream. Lock was on self service at that time.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
we spoke to friends who were moored at Cookham overnight Sunday / Monday morning. They had planned to leave at about 10.00am to head back to Bray...

...they got back to Bray Marina at 9.45pm.