Fairline Corniche vs Princess 35.

oldgit

Visit site
Modesty prevents me from mentioning who was fastest , his excuse was some feeble excuse that only one engine was properly, mine was the honest to goodness, a dirty bum.

My spare "Thames " fenders to go in the gaps are stowed below out of sight.

oldgit

Visit site
My bottom is now pristine !
Going to find out soon just how much difference a coat of slime and the odd barnycule made.
18 knots prior to jetwash and new coat of A/F.
New. it was supposed to do 24 knots...H,mmm.

LBRodders

Visit site
A couple more knots and the boat would flatten out. That nose high angle is a good sign the boat is not planing quick enough for the hull design.

oldgit

Visit site
A couple more knots and the boat would flatten out. That nose high angle is a good sign the boat is not planing quick enough for the hull design.

In the case of the Corniche they were notorious for planing bow high...and then of course owners bolted davits and a inflatable on the extreme back of the boat.
The main consequence being an unsightly saggy deflated rubber bag full of rain water quietly degrading in the sun on the back of the boat.
Plus more difficulty getting in and out of tight moorings in marinas and locks. Try to get a shoreline to off side of a boat gracefully with dinghy in the way.
Defenders of the perishing things always forget to mention you are supposed to remove the thing after the season, deflate and fold it up, force it back into its bag, drag it off the pontoon, get it into the car boot, get it out again into the garage.
Having of course previously moved 10 years worth of household junk/ bikes/mowers/ to make space for it.
Which brings me on to people who park multiple cars on the road, with a double garage on the drive full of stuff that really needs to go down the tip :)
..............and yes my garage does have car innit !

and .............you could probably get twice as many boats into any Thames lock, especially that tiddy one a Bray.

LBRodders

Visit site
In the case of the Corniche they were notorious for planing bow high...and then of course owners bolted davits and a inflatable on the extreme back of the boat.
The main consequence being an unsightly saggy deflated rubber bag full of rain water quietly degrading in the sun on the back of the boat.
Plus more difficulty getting in and out of tight moorings in marinas and locks. Try to get a shoreline to off side of a boat gracefully with dinghy in the way.
Defenders of the perishing things always forget to mention you are supposed to remove the thing after the season, deflate and fold it up, force it back into its bag, drag it off the pontoon, get it into the car boot, get it out again into the garage.
Having of course previously moved 10 years worth of household junk/ bikes/mowers/ to make space for it.
Which brings me on to people who park multiple on the road with a double garage full of stuff that really needs to go down the tip :)
..............and yes my garage does have car innit

Multiple unrelated rants - brilliant. Keep up the good work OG! (y) :LOL:

Chris_d

Visit site
Which brings me on to people who park multiple cars on the road, with a double garage on the drive full of stuff that really needs to go down the tip :)
..............and yes my garage does have car innit !

and .............you could probably get twice as many boats into any Thames lock, especially that tiddy one a Bray.
A rapid change of subject away from the fenders question though:p

oldgit

Visit site
Politician in the making...

Did I mention skippers who moor slap bang in the middle of a other wise totally empty EA morning , anybody who is incapable of manoeuvring a boat without the incontinent use of a bow thruster AND people who play B****y music while underway on the river.
Hanging is far too good for any of them . !!!!!
See you all soon .
Have a nice day. :)