Fire at Platts Eyot

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Luckily there is no suggestion of arson, or that any property developer might have benefited from the removal of any structures, because property developers never organise fires for that reason. It just doesn't happen. No sir.
RIP to the Lady Gay.

Lower Limit 1909

Visit site
Saw the London Fire Brigade boat heading upstream around 9PM last night. Seemed to be a bit late to the party. I've heard a semi-reliable rumour that is was significantly delayed getting permission to pass under Hammersmith Bridge.

Time Out

Visit site
Saw the London Fire Brigade boat heading upstream around 9PM last night. Seemed to be a bit late to the party. I've heard a semi-reliable rumour that is was significantly delayed getting permission to pass under Hammersmith Bridge.

They were probably on best behaviour after the last time they came up at some speed !!

Lower Limit 1909

Visit site
They were probably on best behaviour after the last time they came up at some speed !!

That sounds like a story I missed. Please elaborate!

Why they have boats with a hull design that produces an excessive level of wash when barely doing the legal speed limit is unclear. I understand the PLA have been trying to get them to upgrade for years (decades?). Might have been a more useful way to spend £350K on water spraying capability than those water cannons the ex Mayor was fond of ...

Time Out

Visit site
That sounds like a story I missed. Please elaborate!

Why they have boats with a hull design that produces an excessive level of wash when barely doing the legal speed limit is unclear. I understand the PLA have been trying to get them to upgrade for years (decades?). Might have been a more useful way to spend £350K on water spraying capability than those water cannons the ex Mayor was fond of ...

A number of years back now I believe. Attending a house boat fire in the weir stream of Molesey Lock.

Maintained a ‘strong’ speed from departure to arrival leaving a trail of carnage behind. Will try and dig it out. Maybe on google ?

penfold

Visit site
Luckily there is no suggestion of arson, or that any property developer might have benefited from the removal of any structures, because property developers never organise fires for that reason. It just doesn't happen. No sir.
RIP to the Lady Gay.
Boatyards are tinderboxes and go up with monotonous regularity; too many have fire safety regimes not worth a damn.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I wonder how the insurance companies dealt with the businesses and moored boats when there is no road access for fire engines.

Seems a bit of an odd one. Hopefully people are insured but one does wonder.

And why is open burning of waste allowed? Surely that is asking for trouble.

I went on the island a few years ago and there was a large bonfire area where random things were incinerated. I noticed it as there was some interesting scrap in the ashes including some boat parts. Obviously waste disposal from works on vessels and probably other things .

It was quite close to the sheds. Too close really but then what is 'too close".