Where the feck are you?

Northern Star

Visit site
Ok so this is just my second time out since October but where are all those moaning boaters now that things have eased up a bit.

I am pretty much on my own at Laleham and when I came out of Penton Hook my home marina there were white boards showing a lock keeper on duty at Penton Lock.

It is 12 deg here but feels like 20 as I have the whole of the mooring to myself.

As a tribute to Winfred and all the hard work that REX has done I paid my £5 to be here till Monday if I choose to but would rather it went to him rather than that parking tory firm.

Only boats on the river here seem to be the sub 26 feet and the new Whaley hire boats from Penton.

It is fab and on the second jug of Pimms.

TTFN.

Last edited:

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
“As a tribute to Winfred and all the hard work that REX has done I paid my £5 to be here till Monday if I choose to but would rather it went to him rather than that parking tory firm.”
Thank you for acknowledging the huge contribution made by Rex and his trusty steed Winifred. Would that things had turned out differently but, regrettably, it would appear that commitment and purpose are victims of today’s approach to managing the waterway.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Henley was quite quiet when I went up there earlier in the floating electric beer drinking platform. Back down at Medmenham and I have lit the fire as it seems likely to get a bit chilly later.

Lovely time of year to be on the River.

nfluester

www.youtube.com
We have done Shepperton to Moulsford this week enjoyed dinner at the Beattle and wedge ? the river has been very quiet all week but a lot bussier today there was a massive que of boats heading upstream at Bovney tonight!

Time Out

Visit site
View attachment 113734

Fixed it for you :)

Not only have your labours produced a superb day boat, it's apparently one that allows you to step ashore at the White Swan at low tide. Before I was just impressed. Now I want one.
Thank you ! I just can’t see how to rotate it on an iPhone even though the original is correct.

Yes, access to The White Swan was key. She sits nicely just below the ledge at low tide. Run the anchor up the beach and it sits there all day without moving.

it actually couldn’t be more perfect!

we HAVE to stop at pubs as we don’t have a toilet ;)

thanks again

Mark26

Visit site
Ok so this is just my second time out since October but where are all those moaning boaters now that things have eased up a bit.

I am pretty much on my own at Laleham and when I came out of Penton Hook my home marina there were white boards showing a lock keeper on duty at Penton Lock.

It is 12 deg here but feels like 20 as I have the whole of the mooring to myself.

TTFN.

I hope you topped off the fuel tanks first ?

The Glassman

Visit site
Lovely trip down from Streatley to T&K Boatyard yesterday morning. Took her down for engine servicing, anti-foul, hull polish etc. Very few boats on the river and all four locks manned (or staffed, sorry Tanya). Wonderful if all-too-brief start to the season. Next trip - up to Abingdon & Oxford in mid-May. Hopefully first of many after the disaster that was 2020!
Our 25th season with Drumbeat this year and we want to make the most of it.
Happy boating to all Forum members.(y)

alfaman155

Visit site
A bit naive but I was waiting for some sort of email from DoE saying everything had opened up again. Well they did tell us to keep off the river before and that the locks we unpowered so I thought... like I say, a bit naive, but there it is.
Are overnights allowed now?

Northern Star

Visit site
Out on the river again and so far this morning haven't seen a single boat. Not even any rowers out on a beautiful day.

Just a note for everyone that the DE parking firm do not seem to be issuing receipts for your mooring fees even though they ask for an e-mail and phone number to send it to. I am taking screenshots as proof and will send them an e-mail later to highlight this.

Lovely day on the river so hope some of you can get out and enjoy it too.

P.S lockkeeper on duty at Penton Lock as I came out of the marina.