Miranda Merron

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Fantastic job done by Miranda. I missed her arrival last night, but hope she got a good reception.

I hope she does the next one with some proper backing and a better boat.

There were three sailors I followed closer than the others. Boris Hermann, Jean Le Cam and Miranda.
Boris because I thought he could win and I think it's about time a non-French sailor won the race.
Jean Le Cam just because he's Jean Le Cam and I like his style.
And Miranda because she's always been level headed, in good humour and the general lack of drama.
It was only when I saw a bit on FR3 before the race that I had actually chatted to her in Cherbourg last Summer and that her partner was the nice chap who offered me some nav advice on the Alderney Race.

Her current sponsor - Campagne de France - has already said they would like her to take part in the next Vendee Globe.
Maybe with a bigger budget?
Miranda also said that she had been very cautious in her sailing as the boat was not insured and her first priority was - above all - to bring the boat back in one piece.
The boat Miranda sailed had already done the Vendee twice before. Once faster and once slower.

Frogmogman

Visit site
Miranda because she's always been level headed, in good humour and the general lack of drama.
It was only when I saw a bit on FR3 before the race that I had actually chatted to her in Cherbourg last Summer and that her partner was the nice chap who offered me some nav advice on the Alderney Race.

Miranda comes across as very bright and level headed and probably the only Vendée Globe skipper who could speak to Kojiro Shiraishi in Japanese ! She and Halvard seem like a great couple.

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
So Hugo Boss and INEOS didn't make it.

Make way for GB GIRLS in the Vendee. :love:

Every one a winner.

Guessing that they have paved the way for more girls to take up sailing , and find out they can do loads more than they think they can.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Behind a paywall, unfortunately. Let's hope they all get more press in the next few weeks.

It seems to me that British sailors only get media attention in the UK as long as they are UK based.
Everyone focused on Alex Thompson/Hugo Boss till he gambled and lost.
Some coverage of Pip Hare and her race.
But as for Sam Davies and Miranda Merron... tumbleweed...
Bit sad really.

In contrast to this side of the Channel where the French seem to have adopted them as one of their own.
"Je suis ravie d'être là" : la Manchoise Miranda Merron retrouve la terre ferme après on Vendée Globe

LONG_KEELER

Visit site
It seems to me that British sailors only get media attention in the UK as long as they are UK based.
Everyone focused on Alex Thompson/Hugo Boss till he gambled and lost.
Some coverage of Pip Hare and her race.
But as for Sam Davies and Miranda Merron... tumbleweed...
Bit sad really.

In contrast to this side of the Channel where the French seem to have adopted them as one of their own.
"Je suis ravie d'être là" : la Manchoise Miranda Merron retrouve la terre ferme après on Vendée Globe

Perhaps this has something to do with it.