Old ropes wanted

nguyen

Visit site
I need old ropes collected from shipping, marine, fishing and aquaculture for recycling. Kindly let me know where to buy these ropes in the UK. Thanks, Bien.

Attachments

• 0AE4B482-347C-477B-901A-0FBA61C7E682_1_105_c.jpeg
    0AE4B482-347C-477B-901A-0FBA61C7E682_1_105_c.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 32

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
I need old ropes collected from shipping, marine, fishing and aquaculture for recycling. Kindly let me know where to buy these ropes in the UK. Thanks, Bien.
Where are you? I would guess it's not worth posting. What kind of 'recycling'?

nguyen

Visit site
Might soon have some large ropes in Scotland. 200m by 44mm x4. Weigh quite a bit (hundreds of Kg), so expensive to send. Similar to the ones in your picture.
Thanks for letting me know. Are you able to collect more ropes ?

nguyen

Visit site
There are many trout farms in Argyll. Beside old rope, we also collect old fish farming net. It's good if you have enough rope for one truck load to save the cost. We usually use Grangemouth as loading port for these materials.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Do old ropes make much money?
There's a diving club up Scapa Flow somewhere, who weave it into traditional mats, I was happy to pay £25 for one, but I've lost the contact details. There are IGKT folk who do it as well, they are genuinely useful and pleasing items to make from old rope.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
There's a diving club up Scapa Flow somewhere, who weave it into traditional mats, I was happy to pay £25 for one, but I've lost the contact details. There are IGKT folk who do it as well, they are genuinely useful and pleasing items to make from old rope.
I’ve got the instructions/diagrams somewhere as to how to make mats from rope if you want? (Assuming I can find them...)