On TV

oldgit

Visit site
Would be nice if it was actually about the Thames, turned off last week bored with watching him sort Oranges!

The Forumites Thames.

The Thames is believed to start somewhere above Oxford but proper boats cannot get under a bridge so we are not really sure.
We have heard rumours it is full of rough canal boaters who speak Northern or worse Birmingham.
The Thames terminates at a place called Teddington , which is somewhere beyond Windsor.
It is believed that there is not a Waitrose at Teddington. :):):)

"also why dont they show the boating clubs along the thames "
What clubs ?
At the last ATYC Rally held in West India Dock only 25% of the attendees moored above Teddington and bothered to turn up
75% of boats came from the Tidal part of the Thames and elsewhere .

oldgit

Visit site
Greenwich YC, Erith YC (which im with and is a few doors down from where they showed the car scrappage business), then Thurrock YC

We both know that the Thames is only really the Thames when it starts to earn its living below Teddington , as opposed to the old gentlefolks retirement home on the freshwater bit . :)

Well aware of all those clubs, rarely do they get a mention with regard to being on the " Thames"..
Couple of long standing members of Thurrock YC are also members of RCC , might even call them on CH8 as we go past .
My company used to supply communications stuff to CEMEX at Angerstein Whf.

Last edited:

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
We both know that the Thames is only really the Thames when it starts to earn its living below Teddington , as opposed to the old gentlefolks retirement home on the freshwater bit . :)

Well aware of all those clubs, rarely do they get a mention with regard to being on the " Thames"..
Couple of long standing members of Thurrock YC are also members of RCC , might even call them on CH8 as we go past .
My company used to supply communications stuff to CEMEX at Angerstein Whf.

theres a lot of young members at my club at least myself included with boats, not all are retired