Fitting up supper....

Tomahawk

Visit site
On the assumption and in hope ... that we will be allowed go return to something approximating to normality come the spring.....

I think we need to arrange a Fitting Up Supper.. (Thank Moody Sabre for mentioning it in another place).
I am happy to start looking for venues etc and trying to herd cats. ... I may regret that ?

Obviously at the moment there is absolutely no point in looking for dates as we don’t even know when things may begin to pretent to be normal.. So for now please.... who is interested and where would people prefer?

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Well done for volunteering. (y) Please put me down as interested (with a possible +1).

I believe that the ECF event is more traditionally known as the 'Fitted Up Supper', but I fear it may be 'Laying Down Supper' time before we're allowed and safe to get together again.

I have no firm views on location, but guess I'm more likely to get there if it were around the Orwell (or further north) area, than in the Deep South. (Sorry 'Lil!)

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Perhaps Ipswich might be a suitable location, good road and rail access and of course everyone can get there by boat, drink too much and sleep it off onboard ?

DavidofMersea

Visit site
Perhaps Ipswich might be a suitable location, good road and rail access and of course everyone can get there by boat, drink too much and sleep it off onboard ?
I arranged a get together two or three years ago at Balkern Gate, right next to the A12 at Colchester. It seemed easily accessible to most people as it is in the middle of the East Coast

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I arranged a get together two or three years ago at Balkern Gate, right next to the A12 at Colchester. It seemed easily accessible to most people as it is in the middle of the East Coast

Yes, i attended that one David. With it only being accessible by road it means people cannot have a drink though. I'd prefer somewhere i could get to with the boat, it is, after all, a sailing event. But, happy to go with the flow.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Preferably somewhere with accommodation within walking distance (because I'm not optimistic about the prospects of getting Pagan back in the water this coming year)

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Preferably somewhere with accommodation within walking distance (because I'm not optimistic about the prospects of getting Pagan back in the water this coming year)

PaulRainbow

Visit site

If it's somewhere we can get to by boat, you're welcome to come with me and i have a spare cabin.

Reactions: Bru